Spread Hacker

Discussion in 'Options' started by lwlee, Oct 21, 2007.

1. MTE

MTE

Noone's forcing you or anyone to use it. If you don't like it or have no use for it then don't use it. I don't. It's not like the whole world of trading is tied to it!

#11     Oct 24, 2007
  2. Why is it I suddenly feel like I need to assume a defensive posture? All I did was state the obvious to the uninformed that its a one-sided tool and stated what the limitations are.

Oh yeah, I also reported the poor support I received from a rep. via chat/help. I didn't think chiming in with either of these experiences to inform others would result in my needing to defend myself.

relax people

#12     Oct 24, 2007
  3. Who said <b>anything</b> about the "<i><b>whole world of trading</b></i>" being tied to it?

Take a breath folks, it aint worth all this!

#13     Oct 24, 2007
  4. MTE

MTE

My point exactly. If you have no use for it then don't use it. Who gives a sh*t that they developed a tool for premium sellers!? Btw, there's no single right or wrong way to trade, so if some like to be premium sellers then so be it.

#14     Oct 24, 2007
  5. I was just responding to the thread and relaying what my experience with SH was. I thought that's what these threads are for, to discuss software and read other peoples likes/dislikes. You're the one making a big deal about it with the whole world of trading... bla bla bla. I never said anything of the sort.

So much for sharing my opinion with others. Bite my head off for explaining its short-comings and then you come back with "that's my point exactly" ? Whatever dude, are you always this contradicting?

I'm outa here, this thread is a big cluster-bleep.

#15     Oct 24, 2007
  6. MTE

MTE

I was just expressing my opinion about the software. I wasn't really trying to argue with you or attack you. Coming to think of it, I don't even know why I used the "quote" button. Anyway, sorry, mate.

#16     Oct 24, 2007
  7. lwlee

lwlee

Dude, don't get upset. You're dumping on a very nice tool because it doesn't give you everything you want.

You seem to be imposing your own ideas on what they should or shouldn't be doing. So you're guilty of your own accusations.

I believe they're planning on adding additional functionalities but it probably still won't do buying.

#17     Oct 24, 2007
  8. OK, I am not familiar with Thinkorswim - just options. It should be easy enough to extrapolate results to a desired debit spread. It ain't that mind - boggling.

#18     Oct 24, 2007
  9. OK, I know I said I'm outa here but look, I'm not upset and I didn't mean to come off as "<i>dumping on a very nice tool.</i>" And it's not what <i><b>I want,</b></i> it's what option traders want (or would seem to want) which is a flexible tool to use to extrapolate results of a desired strategy, whether it be credit or debit spreads.

It was not my intent to impose my own ideas. I merely wanted to inform people of the short-comings I found to be relevant by pointing out the inability of the tool to search for debit spread trades. That way anyone who takes the time to read this thread knows about it. Again, isn't that what these boards are for? Even you yourself said:

Well now you know. But I digress, I didn't mean to come off as all negative but perhaps my tone was a little curt. However I found the response from the chat/help rep very negative by responding to my question with a one sentence reply and then ignoring me when I asked why.

So in closing let me reiterate my original reply; Spread Hacker? Not a flexible tool, IMHO. Just one mans opinion folks. Your mileage may vary.

#19     Oct 24, 2007