Spotting a trend

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by logan04x, Mar 21, 2010.

1. To deal with modelling and design, it is best to use logic and consistant heurisitcs.

You start of defing a boundary is senseless. The relation of excessive points in 1. was a cardinal error. To trade to make money you need to do regional analysis. Granted a line determine a boundary but the boundary has to have a purpose that is productive in terms of a goal.

In trading making money is the goal and boundaries tell you when you are approaching a change of conditions. Here in ET, there is no low lying fruit to pick.

If you want to begin at the beginning, the horizontal line is the place. this is where the boundary for sentiment is assessed.

Also, you may want to focus on letting go of an up/down orientation. The orientation in markets is left/right, where dominant moves are from right to left and non dominant moves are from left to right.

The form of display you are using for the market you are interested in is fairly sparse with repect to market data collection and record keeping. This keep you at a definite disadvantage relative to most al other traders.

There are a lot of what ifs in decision making to become a trader. Why not set up a map of the trading space and break it up into the regions that explain to you the status of the market's opportunities (offers) for making money?

#21     Mar 26, 2010
  2. Ah, if it isn't the self promoting Trade Fade Creator himself back for another round of catch-me-Baron-&-ban-me-again multialias marketsurfer.

Hey Davie, you get to go propagate with yourself.

#22     Mar 26, 2010
  3. logan04x

logan04x

Thanks for the post. I see the point you are trying to make from both of your posts.

I actually used stricter huristics to find the lines. It would have found most of the lines you showed if I had eased down the heuristics. .

It's nice to see people commenting, so keep them coming. I'm enjoying spending my weekends on this stuff :). Thanks.

#23     Mar 27, 2010
  4. logan04x

logan04x

I'm new here and don't hang around a lot, but I wonder how someone with as few posts as you knows so much about Jack Hershey? I'm confused with some of the posts going around here :confused:.

Can anyone give me some background here?

#24     Mar 27, 2010
  5. Neat tool you have, looks like a fun thing to work on.

I can tell exactly where you are in the software dev phase, lol I do the same thing. Get an idea of what you want, and jump in and start coding! Seriously, I do same thing all the time. It's a fun way to code, especially if you don't have a boss breathing down your neck asking for shippables.

You've got about 75% of what you want, but the last 25% remains elusive because you're not precisely sure what it's supposed to do when it's done.

Now is the time when you need to step back and play the roll of Project Manager. Pretend it works perfectly (you do NOT need to know exactly what "perfectly" means right now) and you want to explain to your mom what it does. Or the guy working at the lunch counter. Or your bus driver. You have 30 seconds before they yawn and change the subject.

Be as exacting as you can, while still making it understandable to a layperson, in no more than 30 seconds. Write that down, and you have your product spec. Now go finish up!

#25     Mar 27, 2010
  6. Jack I enjoy your work....:)
    [​IMG]

#26     Mar 27, 2010
  7. Just understand there are a handful of miscreants that stalk posters or have been repeatedly banned on this site.
    Learn to think for yourself around here and look that the posts that are obviously from those "mental giants" as a simple and short term distraction and click on their name, and then click to put them on ignore.

#27     Mar 27, 2010
  8. Another Jack stalker for the iggy pile.

#28     Mar 28, 2010
  9. logan04x

logan04x

Yup, you are right. I'm aiming to build one pattern recognition classs every week and in about 4 months I will have enough stuff to integrate into with a nicer GUI and all. So far it has been alright. Let's see if it turns to be anything useful.

#29     Mar 29, 2010
  10. TZghost

TZghost

Sounds good.

#30     Mar 30, 2010