Spotify

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Metamega, May 19, 2020.

1. Metamega

Metamega

Guess I should’ve watched Joe Rogans podcast when it aired. Up 8% on a exclusive deal.

Be curious to see how it plays out. Judging by comments the fan base isn’t happy. Mind you I wouldn’t want my pay cheque to be based off you tubes algorithms. Sounds like a solid early retirement plan.

2. S2007S

S2007S

That deal is not worth $100 million. These companies that pay these premiums are fools.

3. Renzo

Renzo

It’s worth 100 million to Joe Rogan. He gets a premium. The deal is not just for optics but how do you value an artist brand name? In this case, at 100 mill.

4. Cuddles

Cuddles

value is relative? You don't say

5. I doubt the company has many legs other than being bought out in the near future. Most people I know do use spottily premium - we all abuse the family plan. However, there are a few programs that can transfer songs from spotify to your desktop and it is just a matter of time until these programs become more mainstream. Also spotify is a product not so much a business. Plus music apps have almost always been race to the bottom businesses.

6. Metamega

Metamega

I don’t know how any of the fans can blame him for the deal. Relying on YouTube for revenue sounds like a volatile way to make a living. They could change the whole model tomorrow.

I’ve noticed this trend were people have multiple channels just so their less main stream topics don’t bring down their ratings on their main channel. Their always fighting the algorithm for more recommended viewings.

Be dumb to not consider a licensing agreement. 100 000 000 sounds absurd to me but so are sports/celebrity salaries. Like that game Apex legends, they pay a few top streamers 1 million to play the game for a week. I can’t wrap my head around it but then again I’m not in marketing.

7. Did anyone play the $180-$190 Calls today, buy pressure was obvious.