spotify, got my invite

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by stock777, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Show a screenprint of your position. What were your executions, date ect...?

#41     Sep 9, 2011
  2. Lucias

Lucias

I don't know about the stocks. I'm just talking about the service. And my point is that Spotify is competing with basically WinAMP, every mp3 that one can rip, buy, or obtain otherwise. Spotify has chosen to compete in this way. And, I can't see any value-added service to use it over WinAMP.

Pandora offers something unique. It brings music to me. It doesn't have to have offer everything that I want because it does something different.

This is just my take. Again, spotify could easily be made better and its really appalling how bad it is in terms of bringing me what I want. It doesn't do anything to help bring me what I want. It does find a good portion of what I specifically know to look for but it didn't offer everything I looked for. Granted, it is interesting service that I'll keep an eye on and continue to explore.

The lack of web interface is also pretty bad for a service that costs $10/month. Pandora really benefits from that and I'm sure a lot of people use it at work where they may not be able or want to install something on their desktop.

Pandora has enough benefits to keep it competitive at this time.

As a test, I punched in Avi Buffalo into Pandora and it came up with What's In It For me? A great tune that I like.

Honestly, I just like the ease and simplicity of Pandora and how it finds music that I haven't heard. No real wow factor but it does a good job at decent and many companies, like Taco Bell, have built billions on being just consistently decent.

Spotify is interesting too. If it had found all the music I searched for then I'd probably have purchased it but it didn't. If it had brought me new music I hadn't heard then I would have been impressed. As is, I'll give the free trial a spin.

#42     Sep 9, 2011
  3. Wow, so much disinformation.

Winamp is a client and nothing more. It organizes playlists and has an EQ. You still have to rip from CD, buy the MP3s or go to usenet. Winamp is simply a replacement for the iPod player. The plug-ins are shit and who wants to deal with that?

Pandora holds no value to me. The streaming bitrate is garbage and I can't play what I want WHEN I want it. I get "artist radio" which is not terribly desirable (to me). I can't make playlists or archive anything. It's portable, but again, all I am doing is streaming artist radio.

I use Spotify to locate new music and their mining algo works very well. It recommends similar artists and has full bios. I have 3,000 tracks in my spotify account and use it as a query engine for finding new music which I download in FLAC off usenet. Not that there is anything wrong with 320Kbps (in Spotify Premium).

Spotify $10 (or MOG), a newsgroup server and some good downstream equipment is all you need. I also use Beatport a lot. The IP4 uses the Cirrus DAC and seems comparable to the Wolfson in use in a lot of the Galaxy I phones. GIIs sound pretty lousy IMO.

Audio Technica ATH-CK10s are some amazing IEM earphones, along with the Shure SE535 (EQ out the mids) and the Sennheiser IE8. Beyerdynamic DT990 and Senn HD650 for headphones. Stax 009s if budget is fluid. Focal CMS or Dynaudio monitors for the desktop.

#43     Sep 9, 2011
  4. Once again, stock777 proves his greatness by giving you a 50% short winner free of charge.

I also know, that not one of you imbeciles took the trade.

You can count my stock calls on one hand, so this is even more impressive.

Congrats.

My bashers flounder, I prosper.

#44     Sep 12, 2011
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

#45     Sep 12, 2011
  6. spotify in the news.

as usual I was early.

my bashers, in their usual position on the free cheese line downtown

#46     Sep 21, 2011
  7. ps just shorted another 10k at 10.03 for a daytrade

#47     Sep 21, 2011