Spot Trading LLC

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by SherlockHolmes, Feb 6, 2010.

1. I am trying to get some information about Spot Trading LLC. Does anyone have any experience with Spot Trading? Thanks.

2. tomk96

tomk96

i know a little more than their website, but not that much more. what specifically are you looking to know?

3. Well if Sherlock Holmes couldn't find anything what chance do I have?

4. lol

5. I have been to the website as well, and would like to find out more about this company. I am interested in applying. I am currently an equities trader, and looking to move to trade equity futures/options.

6. tomk96

tomk96

i assume by this you mean index futures and options. they don't trade them.

7. I was wondering if anyone is familiar with the STP Trading Training Program. Is this their college recruiting program? Can prospective traders apply?

8. They only trade options I believe. I've interviewed with them before and also met them when they came to my school campus.

The STP Program is for full time first years, though I think they have a similar program for experienced hires. They're a pretty legit company and their "edge" is their historical data collection when calculating vol. That was their main pitch on what differentiated themselves.

9. Be careful here folks. We have some evidence that Spot Trading LLC employs programmers who may have obtained proprietary trading strategies from innocent traders by fraudulent means.