Sportscenter

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TKOtrader, Apr 30, 2003.

1. #31     May 4, 2003
  2. Silas got screwed. If Mashburn and Baron Davis had been healthy the entire series, they would be moving into the second round.

Coaches should not be held responsible for injuries. The team played hard for Silas.

#32     May 4, 2003
  3. Yup.

#33     May 5, 2003
  4. ElCubano

ElCubano

Exactly......And like I stated earlier in the thread...it will come down to injuries....Jordan pretty much lived a low injury career...If Kobe stays healthy it most certainly looks like he will become one of the greats but only time can tell if he is/was better than the airness himself......Bo Jackson couldve been one of the greats was compared to many when he was running over people like a fuckin mack turck....peace

#34     May 5, 2003

5. maybe so but i think it is a good move. they ran a street ball offense. if you watched their games like i did you knew what they were going to do everytime down the court.
    they will be better next year !

#35     May 5, 2003
  6. Time will tell. Tell me that Philly doesn't run a "street" ball offense.

#36     May 5, 2003
  7. yes philly does. but iverson is unstoppable and the only true scorer besides van horn who hasnt done too much lately. so it works out well for them.
    but when u have baron davis, jamal mashburn, and david wesley u need to get an offense going.

there is no way philly should have beat n.o. in a 7 game series.

#37     May 5, 2003
  8. You are right, if BD and Burn were healthy, they wouldn't have.

#38     May 5, 2003
  9. I think the comparisons are uncanny yet Optional is viewing Kobes greatness with the hindsight of 15 years of Jordan on the back pocket.....I think a more realistic question is this:

At the age of 23 who has accomplished as much as Kobe Bryant?
    Sure jordan got it done and had all those scoring titles but you are arguing based on FACT.....I remember when Shaq first came into the league and Ewing and robinson and Akeem were all offended at his inclusion into the top 50 of all time....now 7 years later and you have to wonder why Robinson and Ewing ever made the team in the first place.....Kobe will have his time andhis place but the bottom line is this: There is nothing wrong with being the 2nd or third or even the 5th greatest player of all time....to be considered in the same breath as Jordan at 23 is astronomical and is a credit to Kobe.

#39     May 5, 2003
  10. If you want to say Kobe is the greatest 23 year old ever, fine by me.

Ask Jordan if being the 2nd or third greatest player of all time would have been enough for him.

#40     May 5, 2003