Sportscenter

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TKOtrader, Apr 30, 2003.

1. lakers win !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHERE YA'AT 777???????????????????????????????

SPURS ARE NEXT

#11     May 2, 2003
  2. hey optional777, check this out ........................ http://espn.go.com/page2/s/rosen/030501.html

read what they say about ya boy malone at the bottom too !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

read shaq's too & check out the poll !

#12     May 2, 2003
  3. ElCubano

ElCubano

"The best clutch shooters in the history of the game are (in alphabetical order) Larry Bird, Michael Jordan and Jerry West. While none of today's mega-stars match that Big Three, here is my ranking of the best modern-day money men"

A quote from your link TKO.........doesnt this contradict what you've been saying, about todays vs. yesterdays ball players...:D

#13     May 2, 2003

4. it was much easier to make a clutch shot then than it is now !!

i would give to kobe over jordan in the clutch. kobe will shoot or dish it to the open man, jordan will shoot no matter what

#14     May 2, 2003
  5. ElCubano

ElCubano

wrong.....you may be right that the game may have gotten quicker and is played more above the rim today than in the past, but a clutch shot is the same anytime, anywhere....nothing fancy nothing to write home about only when it is needed; during a clutch situation....ur link has contradicted what you said , period. Larry Bird is the best clutch player ever,,,, IMO...and he played with his peers...

#15     May 2, 2003
  6. ElCubano

ElCubano

Surely you Jest.....Kobe is a great player, but Michael was by far not only a better player ( stat wise, which only time will tell for kobe )in his prime than Kobe but the go to guy always in a clutch situation even with 103 degree fever....do ur homework...peace

#16     May 2, 2003
  7. Children.....Larry Bird hit some clutch shots, ture....But Jordan not only did it when it really counted....but how many times did he hit shots to win SERIES/ CHampionships?????

iVERSON Has NEVER hit a true clutch shot....In the "Least" it's easy to win and hot clutch shots against 'powerhouses' like Cleveland, Hornets, Knicks and Atlanta...Im impressed when guys hit jumpers in games that mean something....like magic's game winning hook shot against the celtics....THAT IS CLUTCH....dropping a rainbow from 30 ft against Kurt Thomas of the knicks in game # 47 is a nice shot , nothing more nothing less.

#17     May 2, 2003
  8. Kobe is what, 24 now right? It would be interesting to compare their stats at the same age. Is Kobe even in his "prime" yet?

#18     May 2, 2003
  9. Should 'Nique have been included in the Top 50 of all time?

When looking at some of those on the list, I say yes.

#19     May 2, 2003
  10. I must admit.....Kobe is a much better play at this age ( i think he's 23) then Jordan was....Jordan was not the complete polished player that Kobe is right now.....Let's put it this way: It says a lot about Kobe that at 23 we can even have the comparison/argument with Jordan.....If he continues, by the time he's 30 he could be the standard by which all players are judged.....Unless T-Mac catches and passes him by then !!!:D

I love hoops!

#20     May 2, 2003