Sports Fans Opinion of Barry Bonds along Racial Lines

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, May 6, 2007.

1. This why cases go to trial, to present evidence, hear testimony, so that a jury can decide.

Baseball is terrified of this type of trial though, as a Canseco attorney would begin to subpoena all kinds of people in this case, and warn them of perjury.

Again, you remind me of people who defended Pete Rose for years...

#21     May 7, 2007
  2. Agreed !!

Personally, I give it a 50-70% chance that Canseco is telling the truth.

Plenty of room there for doubt though. It all depends on whether or not one had any personal experience with 'roids/Andro.

And seriously - why the insults - Pete Rose, etc.

Oh yeah, I for got, you're uber ZZZZ !!!!!!

#22     May 7, 2007
  3. Back to Bonds.

Although most seem to believe he is juiced, he has never been caught. He also isn't shrinking any even with the constant scrutiny. Add to the fact that he works out six hours per day in the off season. So hard that every MLB player that has tried to join him simply gave up. Too hard.

I think you have to give the guy some benefit of doubt until something is proven. Yes he is huge, but by itself that doesn't prove anything. He has been tested many times.

As for anyone who thinks that Bonds shouldn't be in the Hall, I guarantee he is in on the first vote, probably unanimous. Its not just homers, he has set several MLB records. Definitely the most skilled position player of his generation.

#23     May 7, 2007
  4. MLB does not test for HGH. Their testing policy compared to cycling and other sports is an absolute joke.

Bonds did an interview with Bob Costas several years ago. Bob asked him point blank if he did steroids.

Bonds said no. (Which was a lie, or are we forgetting the steroid cream he thought was flax seed oil.)

Costas then exposed his lack of journalistic integrity, by not asking the next question to Bond, which is:

"Are you using or have you used any other illegal performance enhancing drugs, including HGH, etc."

I am guessing Barry stipulated to the interview by expressly stating that he would refuse to answer any questions beyond steroids.

#24     May 7, 2007
  5. big mac never said he DIDNT take roids. i believe he took the 5th when he was asked under oath about taking steroids himself.

#25     May 8, 2007