Sports Betting

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by gotta_trade, Aug 25, 2011.

1. and I really think if it had been 7 to 5 he would have layed it on Sonny

#21     Aug 27, 2011
  2. then there was the bookie who had mirror accounts at every commodity firm in Indiana, I don't know if he worked any other states.

A lot of trades each month, but if you didn't bet with him, he closed his account and moved on.

#22     Aug 27, 2011
  3. I do both and I am constantly surprised at the similarities. The primary aspect that should remain constant is the money management. Bet size, drawdowns, risk, equity curves are all the same.

There's a solid money management piece that I have used as a reference from time to time from Alpha Sports.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/96346046/Alpha-Sports-Money-Management-Report

Honestly though, the only difference is that one cannot hold a position in sports betting, you get closed out at the end of each day.

Manage risk
    Manage risk
    Manage risk.

#23     Jun 13, 2012
  4. ------------------
    This!

peace

hedvig

#24     Jun 13, 2012
  5. I do it for my job, im paid salary tho, for fact it is very possible to make money sports betting/investing

its all odds and probabilities

#25     Jun 15, 2012
  6. I have been fairly consistany throughout the years. But, the NBA and NCAA hoops are the only things I am consistant in. Probably because there is a lot less randomness compared to other sports. If you can make a decent return in the NFL year over year then that is impressive.

#26     Jun 15, 2012
  7. You have to be a 24/7 expert to beat hoops...
    You must have played or coached the game at a high level...
    You must have quality inside information...
    Any sort of quantitative or technical approach is useless...
    It will have you betting against the wise guys every day.

#27     Jun 15, 2012

8. "Dont believe everything you read on the internet"

- Abraham Lincoln

#28     Jun 15, 2012