Sporadic Connectivity @ eSignal

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by JayF_eSignal, Jun 13, 2006.

1. SEVENTY POINT DOW BOUNCE ENTIRELY MISSED.

Put that in your next Esignal Ad for a customer quote.

#31     Jun 13, 2006
  2. Singer

Singer

I just got charts back, but they've only updated to 11:31AM. Will try a relog.

#32     Jun 13, 2006
  3. Missed a long ES at 1241.00
    That's a loss of 50$ per mini.
    So as i knew in advance: lost more than a yearly subscription in less than 2 hours.

#33     Jun 13, 2006
  4. Nereus

Nereus

Up and running... all normal now... thanks... Down time on esignal is much less than other charting programs I have used. I can live with 1 or 2 times a year... vs: 3-4 times a month (TS).

Cheers

#34     Jun 13, 2006
  5. Completely agree, but each time it makes me nervous again. The perfect feed doesnt' exist.

#35     Jun 13, 2006
  6. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

All connectivity should now be restored. If you are still missing quote or chart data, please close eSignal and the eSignal Data Manager, wait 5-10 seconds and then restart eSignal.

#36     Jun 13, 2006
  7. Nereus

Nereus

Perhaps you should consider a redundant charting program for backup. This may help you minimize your losses in the future... Backup computers, powersources, etc. are also very useful on the rare occasions that they are needed.

Good Luck!

#37     Jun 13, 2006
  8. Nereus

Nereus

I agree completely.

:(

#38     Jun 13, 2006
  9. I have two identical systems running completely seperate. They even have a different internet connection, one cable and one ASDL.
    I even have disc imùages of each system .
    The only problem: i have to connect them both to the same feed if one system goes down. But the only thing that ever went down was the feed.

#39     Jun 13, 2006
  10. Nereus

Nereus

I run redundant systems.. Esignal is my main platform, TS for redundant backup if Esignal fails. Two totally different data feeds on two totally different computers. Only the screens (5) are shared... with two clicks on my keyboard, the other system is displayed on the screens.

#40     Jun 13, 2006