Spoos may trade locked limit up come sunday night

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by nitro, Apr 5, 2003.

1. gnome

gnome

Or has there been other news today that the overnight players want to chase up?? (I mean, other that [1] The Avs closed out the regular season in 1st place, in spite of never having been there until TODAY... 9th consecutive division, an NHL record, (b) Forsberg wins the scoring title, and (c) "Hedgie", Milan Hejduk scores his 50th goal and wins the goals crown.) Go Avs!

#21     Apr 6, 2003
  2. nitro,

I believe your scenario has a very good probability of happening one night on account of the thinner market; closed pit, different/closed CBOT electronic hours or some other absent arbitrage stabilizer. In my dream, some event(s), causes euphoria to break out in the teeming electronic barrio where "pea shooters" live. The pea shooters are those predominantly long positions on the Non-Commercial side of the Commitments of Traders. In the early evening hours, the unrest is confined to that side of the page but then, after maybe a move of 20 points, gold plated bedroom phones start ringing at homes of Commercials who are overwhelmingly short if I read this report right. And just a few of them aren't right by the market, believe there has been a change of trend, or something else and poof - there's your 40!

Geo.

Looks like I blew it on the NQ.

#22     Apr 6, 2003
  3. Your cute little :p almost looks like you have "cocksuckercramp" but than I found this one::eek: That works better.

If 900 goes that is fine..I simple reverse and wide the wave. Enjoy your trading week.:D

#23     Apr 6, 2003
    #24     Apr 6, 2003
  5. Why trade the sp during the day, seems lately that buying a rally at 3 am est or Sunday nights will do the trick??

The following article quote from the ET thread on the PPT seems interesting, it was.......( btw I am neutral on the ppt thing)

>The problem is that buying futures cannot drive the stock market, which is obvious to real traders. >>

just got me thinking how obvious it really is?

#25     Apr 6, 2003
  6. sorry, n - you've taken some unfair attacks here, but, anyway, I believe the Globex limits are all set quarterly - they don't fluctuate continuously.

So 40 would be your target.

http://www.cme.com/products/index/products_index_pricelimitguide.cfm

Doesn't look good right now.

#26     Apr 6, 2003
  7. Strictly High School..thought I'd left it 20 years ago.

AHole..does your Mommy know your are online?

JC..Grow TFU up ET posters.

#27     Apr 6, 2003
  8. You guys all have me too confused.

I'll just wait until US open and see where its at, set my support and resistance levels, and go from there after the first 20 minutes or so.

I gave up predictions a long time ago (not so good at it), and I prefer trading with the liquidity.

Occasionally I let it ride overnight, but overall I've lost doing this as the market can turn for no reason when its so thin.

Jay

#28     Apr 6, 2003
  9. JT47319

JT47319

As I write this, the spoos are wrestling with resistance at 890, +11.50. I'm thinking its gonna test 900 come Monday.

#29     Apr 6, 2003
  10. maglia rosa

maglia rosa Guest

If you are confident, you should be buying it up right now, then. Are you?

#30     Apr 7, 2003