Spooky IB: TMBR giving fills

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by newestmember, Jan 16, 2004.

1. I trade all sorts of stocks, short and long, but I've never had success intra-daytrading stocks when I'm being filled by TMBR.

No matter how many times I've taken a shot, long or short, on stocks where TMBR is giving me fills, I haven't made money, not once.

Don't know if its a coincidence or not, but now when I see TMBR giving fills, I close out my position immediately, and I won't trade that issue again...

2. VOLUME

VOLUME

If you are so sure about that, you should flip your position when he fills you...long to short, short to long. :)

3. I trade some strange arb stuff, so I even make some money on TMBR fills, but my guess is they are usually on the right side of the order flow. How would you feel if they were always wrong? :eek:

4. ktm

ktm

Like Volume said...if they are always right and you can see them, follow them instead of trading against them.

5. Q-- Why do you think they give cheap ass commissions then?

A-- They make money and are not doing it for their health.

6. You guys should stop trading, or at least stop scalping as I assume this is what you are doing.

7. I'm listening...Why?

8. Tauvros

Tauvros

>>>I trade all sorts of stocks, short and long, but I've never had success intra-daytrading stocks when I'm being filled by TMBR.

No matter how many times I've taken a shot, long or short, on stocks where TMBR is giving me fills, I haven't made money, not once.<<<

TMBR is deadly on Nasdaq issues as I've experienced the same intraday phenomena you have encountered, although I have had success with NYSE listed fills.....like todays fill on ADI

BOT 1500 ADI false Stock ADI 50.29
    TMBR 20040308 11:01:51 0000d3e1.80XOXOXOXO

9. qazmax

qazmax

This may be a case of the options leading the stocks...
    TMBR option market maker may trade size in the options crowd.
    Then the computer has to get stock off...

Plus if they traded size it is likely other market makers are with them doing the same thing.

Cannot speak reliably on the subject... just a thought.

:)

10. Tauvros

Tauvros

>>>This may be a case of the options leading the stocks...
    TMBR option market maker may trade size in the options crowd.
    Then the computer has to get stock off...

Plus if they traded size it is likely other market makers are with them doing the same thing.

Cannot speak reliably on the subject... just a thought.<<<<

qaz, makes sense, as I had completely forgot about TMBR' presence in the options market, if I'm not mistaken they are among (if not the) largest players/market makers in the options arena.

#10     Mar 8, 2004