Sponsor's Ability to Delete Threads/Posts Is Bad For ET

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by vanzandt, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Gambit

Gambit

And Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to all of you guys and girls.

#21     Dec 20, 2017
  2. zdreg

zdreg

they have been subject to legal threats in the past. Baron called the bluff of the lawyers. it cost a fortunate to sue and no lawyer takes it this kind of case on a contingency basis.
    more power to Baron!

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
    #22     Dec 20, 2017
    Gambit and Baron like this.
  3. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

I thought any member can delete their own message post within a specific time frame. Yet, I can't remember what that specific time frame is.

Yet, seems odd (manipulating) to hear that "sponsors" can delete their own threads (instead of their own message posts) even if the thread contains replies by others unless its some kind of a glitch or loophole that Baron overlooked.

To be able to delete your own thread "after" the allowed limit is more like giving a sponsor moderator privileges. Is this what happen ?

If such is true, makes sense to only reply to a sponsor's thread "after" the allowed limit of the first post in a thread started by a sponsor...same time limit that all members are given. :D

Anybody know what's the time limit that all members are allowed to delete their own message post ?

wrbtrader

#23     Dec 21, 2017
  4. zdreg

zdreg

60 minutes

#24     Dec 21, 2017
  5. NeoTrader

NeoTrader

IMHO, there are two things:
    1) I think it's bad manners to tell(or even suggest) the owner of the website what he should ou should not do with his website. It's his property, he does with it whatever he wants, however he wants... I wouldn't like to be told how to handle my business.(And I'm pretty sure almost nobody here would either). If doing this or that is a bad business decision, that's for the owner to decide and collect the profits or pay the losses resulting from that decision. Besides, telling someone to refuse money from a sponsor it's easy, when you're not the one who lives from this type of payment.:confused:
    2) Anyone who uses a little bit of logic knows that any seller of "trading systems" is a scammer, since it doesn't make sense to sell something if you know how to make money in the market. So why get offended by a poor guy whose only current option in life it to sell scams? Just let the guy pay for us being able to use the site and if anyone buys that shit, that's their problem. Even for those who do get offended, the guy may be calling you names, but he is giving away his money to you in a way, since you're using a service that he pays for, so... that's got to count as a "kind of" revenge.;)

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
    #25     Dec 21, 2017
  6. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Thanks.

Does that 60 minutes time limit for deletion for your own message posts also apply to you're own threads ?

It would seem so unless this concern by others here is about deletions "after" the 60 minute time limit is a special privilege given by Baron to his moderators and sponsors.

wrbtrader

#26     Dec 21, 2017
  7. If it hasn't changed, we can't delete our threads, only our posts.
    I can see Baron's point in allowing sponsors to delete their threads. They're paying to sell on ET, and if trolls take over their thread, they'd want to delete or revise it.
    But in the case of you know who, his deletions were made to escape legitimate rebuttal that he couldn't handle.

#27     Dec 21, 2017
    Xela likes this.
  8. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

I understand that but was the thread in fact deleted by the sponsor or by a moderator or by Baron himself ?

We all know for fact that Baron or moderators do delete threads for whatever reason. Its their forum.

Yet, if the thread was deleted by the sponsor (not by Baron and not by a moderator)...that would imply that sponsors are given moderator privileges in their own threads.

If the latter is true...that would imply its a new change because I do remember a few years back where ET management stated they didn't allow for members to moderate their own threads after members (not sponsors) requested such here in the feedback section.

#28     Dec 21, 2017
  9. zdreg

zdreg

business people like feedback from their audience. it is an inexpensive way to come up with ideas on how to improve their product and create new features, Baron recognizes this basic fact. that is why he has created a feedback section.

PS anybody who usesIMHO is a screamer and is not humble.

#29     Dec 21, 2017
  10. I think someone mentioned somewhere that sponsors do have the privilege to delete. In the case in question, it was to his advantage to delete all of his threads as he was trapped like a rat in a corner.

#30     Dec 21, 2017
    Xela likes this.