Sponsor Bashing

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Bitstream, Apr 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i'm new here, Baron is the Skipper of this ship, right?
    If you bums don't like it walk the friggen plank. Hey Baron, if you want to release the addresses of some of these Snapperheads, I know some guys who could pay them a visit.

#31     Apr 15, 2006
  2. Bsulli

Bsulli

I remember when Tony use to post on ET and did everything to proof he was the real deal. He finally got fed up with all of the bashers on ET and left.

Bsulli

#32     Apr 15, 2006

3. i agree 100% with you. there is WAY more to life than the markets/trading. there are many hyper succesful hedge fund managers/traders who also have multiple businesses on the side. todd harrison and jim cramer first pop into my mind. there is nothing wrong with running a business along with trading--whether its publishing, real estate, or whatever.

nice analogy with michael jordan!

surfer:)

#33     Apr 15, 2006
  4. I think the problem is this. Sure, there are a few advisory services that are legit. Let's say 1 in 25, just to be generous. So if 4% of all advisory services are legit, that means 96% are not. Now, let's take the services that advertise here on ET. Does Baron vet these services in order to up that percentage - are they screened in such a way that we can expect more than 4% of them might be legit? I'm not sure. The fact is that some of the advisory services that advertise here are essentially useless; at least we can reasonably expect that this is the case.

However, those who question Baron still have no argument, because trading is all about personal responsibility. It is up to the trader to make sure that they are not subscribing to a scam service. It is not up top Baron to provide you with a guarantee that all the services that advertise here are legit. Baron is running a business, not a charity. If he finds out that a service is a scam, there is no doubt that he would end his business relationship with the people in question. In the end, is there any such thing as a 'scam' advisory service'? Maybe, but most aren't. There are simply a lot of them that suck. That's not the same thing as being a scam. If the advisor is claiming 150K a day in profits, then ok. I am not sure if the advisor that was claiming this, the one mentioned earlier in this thread, was a paid advertiser here. If he was... I would be surprised.

#34     Apr 15, 2006
  5. I do not speak for ET

But they need the sponsors....they need the posters...

There is a balance here for ET and Baron to make money and continue...

Deal with it and work it out....

Barron publications have not praised ET for no reason at all...

This Forum is the best on the net and where I spend hundreds of hours reading, skimming...and lol yes! posting :):)

Michael B.

#35     Apr 15, 2006
    #36     Apr 15, 2006
  7. The above is your reply to Baron that prompt my initial reply to you in this thread.

You now said the following in your reply to my reply to you...

Ok...the contradiction is obvious in your above intial reply to Baron and your reply to me.

Had you not stated what you said in your inital reply to Baron that nobody bashes anyone here...

I would have never made that long winded message explaining to you that there was inappropriate comments that you've now agreed such has occurred although I have different stats on the total numbers versus your stats of the total numbers.

I counted a total of 17 abusive posts over 3 particular threads towards one sponsor alone in reference to Franz.

3 of those posts were deleted by either the moderator or the author himself.

Yes...of those 17 abusive posts...one of them was a racist remark that was supported by 2 other ET members.

Baron makes the rules...not you.

Your method of cleaning is not only inappropriate...it stands on contradiction.

In one post you say elsewhere that all vendors are bs.

Then you state elsewhere that Linda has some good material.

Don't misunderstand...you have the right to your opinions and I too agree with you that there are bad vendors out there.

There are also some good vendors out there.

However, based upon your approach to vendor bashing and your initial denial of the occurence of inappropriate comments...

Baron quote saids it nicely and will be my last remark on such in this thread.

#37     Apr 15, 2006
  8. oh my gawd..if these replys continue I will need a bigger monitor!!

#38     Apr 15, 2006
    #39     Apr 15, 2006
  10. >> Each new sponsor should be
    >> considered credible and treated
    >> respect by all members until that
    >> sponsor does something to lose
    >> that credibility.

First off...
    The fact that I have not been banned or even warned by Baron for speaking freely...
    ** Is a tribute to his real commitment to Free Speech **...
    Although necessarily balanced by the realities of running a web site as a BUSINESS.

On the other hand...
    The above statement is unsupportable...
    Because a sophisticated trader with a high level math background...
    Can often dismiss a tout out-of-hand ** in minutes ** due to fallacious underlying methodology.

Also...
    Expecting people to moniter picks for 6 weeks or whatever...
    Before passing judgement is completely impractical...
    Especially since the classic tout methodology is to flood the world with picks...
    And bank on milking the small subset of clients that get a series of winning picks simply buy chance.

Regardless...
    I'm going to stay away from "sponsors"...
    Because this place does provide a lot of useful information for professional traders...
    And the only ones getting hurt are the lambs...
    Who would blow their brains out one way or another anyway.

Best wishes, Baron.
    I think you have found the right balance at ET.

rm+

:cool: :cool: :cool:

#40     Apr 16, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.