Sponsor Bashing

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Bitstream, Apr 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. so, u know that there are prolly 5-10 [never found a legitimate 1 yet--odds stuck against u big time] out of 1000s if not tens of thousands which are good and yet u take da risk of exposin' members to potential rip off of thousands upon thousands of dollars, just to give u sponsors a chance....what's unfair here[?]

by da way it doesn't take a lengthy evaluation to understand where they come from....da way they present themselves, da way they talk....and da fact they charge huge sums of money to give away signals u can figure out u self... hint-hint-da guy's room chargin' $5500 for a martingale strategy of doublin' down into lozers..u also know there are plenty of sites and chat rooms that give away, recommendations, picks and calls for FREE....uhmm, lemme think, if for free might be crap but if da fees are so high it must be good, innit[?]

da paid signals/seminars industry is crooked to da bone, infact so corrupt it is beyond repair..to help reinforce their credibility'n'let 'em expand is wrong, full stop.

#11     Apr 14, 2006
  2. Ok my last time in here, just wanted to say ET lost some "style points" on this one in my book, first time I actually don't appreciate ET. Kinda makes me wonder what other censoring goes on around here.

Just lost credibility for being an open discussion.

That is my opinion, that is if we are still allowed to have one without threats of being banned for criticizing a sponsor.

But I'll just put this one behind me.

Pisses me off all those times I hit that button to report spam and that got deleted and I just criticize one person for posting up his crappy product that we all know is crap, but this sponsor protection BS thing takes the cake.

Oh well, I'm 19, I get to be pissed off once in awhile, but this takes the cake.

I'm sure i'll be over it tomorrow.

#12     Apr 14, 2006
  3. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Couple points:

1. This is not an "open discussion" to begin with. You don't get to just say whatever you want with no ramifications. Because if that's what you want, then I'm just telling you right now that this is not the site for you, and you should go to yahoo message boards without delay.

2. You don't get to call businesses "frauds" or "scams" on public message boards without any proof to back it up, because posting that type of information is defamatory, and more specifically, libelous.

3. I get letters from attorneys or subpoenas from regulatory athorities all the time requesting information on certain members because of comments posted on this site that are either untrue, misleading, etc.

4. We have a whole page of things that can cause your posts to be deleted or cause you to be banned, so please don't think you can just say whatever you want without consequences, because that's never been the case for the 9 years this site has been running.

#13     Apr 14, 2006
  4. slacker

slacker

The problem is that in many cases the claims being made by the vendor cannot be evaluated. The recent example of Franz claiming average profits of $150k a day are not capable of being evaluated. Can ET(you) verify claims by vendors on this forum? Probably not. Any yet if they are a sponsor they become protected from reasonable questions concerning those claims. What remains of the searchable record is only the positive posts as all questions of any false and misleading claims by the vendor have been deleted.

Short term this may be a profitable way to increase ET revenue, but it may be short sighted if all vendors become suspect and grouped as scams.

Good luck Baron!

#14     Apr 14, 2006
  5. Baron

Baron ET Founder

So you're telling me that Linda Raschke isn't a profitable trader? She's a scam too? Give me a break...

#15     Apr 14, 2006
  6. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I don't have any problem with reasonable questions. My problem is with people who call a vendor a scam before even lifting a finger to check out their website or evaluate their service.

#16     Apr 14, 2006

7. listen, u have to wonder why people who call themselves great traders dedicate a huge amount of time'n'effort to promote their services leavin' little or no time to tradin' for real...lb has good ideas, i read da material she wrote and appreciate that, but there's not a shadow of a proof that she is still tradin' and makin tons of money like she claims: if u are that good what's stoppin' u from compoundin' instead than wastin' u time to recruit 'students and give seminars...leavin' on da table liquidity or give it away for pocket change and renounce to potentially pyramiding' into multimillions dollars returns...can u do some calculations and see what diff returns u can achieve when tradin' all day long with a profitable strategy and what u can make by givin' signals and seminars[?] and if u got a system extremely profitable u ready to give it all away for a couple of thousands[?] does it make sense to u[?]; 1 of da excuses vendors find to justify their legitimacy is that they are retirin' from tradin' because too stressful..omfg u kiddin' me[?] winnin' days in'n'out give da greatest feelin' in da world and has scientifically proven to stimulate endorphins and therefore REDUCE stress....conclusions; i've been workin' in a biz of odds for a lifetime and me think am pretty good with them: da odds they are for real are astronomically low...remember that traders overall are all pretty good in predictin' direction but they have huge issues when it comes down to execution and cannot deliver; that's why almost all prefer da easy exit and exploit da less but still lucrative [and crooked] aspect of this industry....

#17     Apr 15, 2006
  8. Baron

Baron ET Founder

There's no shadow of proof that you're trading profitably either so what makes your point of view any better than hers or any other signal seller's?

#18     Apr 15, 2006
  9. ehmm..first of all am not sellin' shite here and have to prove nothin' but use just common sense, second ain't me point of view but a fact...all u dear paid sponsors who came here proved to everyone they were lame cheats'n'frauds that disappeared in a flash....u remember da freakin' russian idiot or wherever he came from, runnin' da paid signals service for da e-mini? u even gave him a second chance knowin' full well he was a thief...omfg how cud u forget that, maybe best example of kleptomania at work...

by da way i call many of me openin' range trades in this chat...feel free to check 'em out...might be not be conclusive proof but a shadow for sure.

#19     Apr 15, 2006

10. do you reveal personal information on members when requested by an attorney?

thank you,

surfer

#20     Apr 15, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.