spoiled brats

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Brandonf, Feb 7, 2008.

1. 100% right on....BUT WHO gave them that sense of entitlement? The "helecopter" moms who go to college and interview the professors and/or get in the face of anyone who challenges junior? Dads that give little princess everything/anything her little heart desires?

#21     Feb 8, 2008
  2. Which reminds me. I had a coffee cup on the ledge "Number 1 Dad" I used to keep some pencils and pens in it. At the end of the day, I used to throw my change in it.

Well, my daughter (prolly when she was 12 or 13) about every three days or so, would take some of the change out, which I didn't know. The next morning she would ask me if I could give her a dollar for 4 quarters or what ever coins she had. I'd give her the dollar and throw the change back in the cup.

Even when I figured out, quite some time later, we are talking months, the cup never filled up.

#22     Feb 8, 2008
  3. I think this sense of entitlement started in schools. Teaching kids their rights, in phsy ed (what's left of it).

#23     Feb 8, 2008
  4. y'all raised these kids.

they're YOUR children, live with them :D

#24     Feb 8, 2008
  5. It's worse than that. My classmates are running the country. :eek:

#25     Feb 8, 2008
  6. Global warming caused spoiled brats.

#26     Feb 8, 2008
  7. Why are there spoiled brats? Because no one wants to say "NO" to their children anymore. God forbid a parent punish their child!

#27     Feb 8, 2008
  8. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I shared this link with my dad, he is 62. He told me about the time he was 9 years old and he and his older brother desided to go and build a ramp with their bike. His brother crashed and broke his arm pretty bad. They lived way out in the country, no phone and only one car in the family. They had to wait about three hours until his dad got back home so they could bring his brother to the dr office. While they waited my gramma was just giving Carrol Whiskey for his pain until they could get to town.

#28     Feb 8, 2008
  9. Parents have to learn to say no to their spoiled brats. I have cousins in Europe with kids of their own. They don't buy anywhere near as much junk for their kids as most parents do here. The end result is that their kids are more respectful, better educated, and don't whine like the brats here when they don't get their way.

Parents think that spoiling a kid is helping them when in turn it's really hurting them most of the time.

#29     Feb 8, 2008
  10. I'm 18 and i wish i was born in a different generation, one where if we get in a fight we dont go to jail, one with less violence, one where parents arnt so protective of their kids and actually let them live... im sure you all have great stories to tell.. you guys had nothing to do when you where my age so you would find random shit to do and thats why all of you have so many great stories. Now all i can do is play video games, structured sports, or get drunk. We may have easier lives, but it doesnt necessarily mean better.

By the way, ya know how everyone always talks about how crappy the world will be when the next generation runs it? Well good job with raising a spoiled youth (its your fault, you raised us) running a shitty government, and making life a pain to live because of political correctness and liberal laws.

#30     Feb 11, 2008