SPM discussions

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Jahajee, Oct 22, 2008.

1. profit target @ 927.25

keltner exit @ 929.5

take any one

#11     Oct 22, 2008
  2. 2m buy ES @ 927

#12     Oct 22, 2008

3. Point taken. But, backtesting is useful in esatablishing the logic and parameters are tradeable and there is potential. Backtesting also allows one to filter out rank bad systems and concentrate on potentially profitable systems.

There are still several issues to be worked out in this system.

e.g I would not have takes the last entry - buy ES @ 927 - because the momentum indicator was oversold and flattening .. might have waited for a pullback. The setup was there with MACD and MACD avg cross above ZERO but I would have waited on a trigger to be activated e.g. momentum or stoch etc

We need to put in a trigger or two in this system

I am using Keltner bands as exit because they provide an indication of extreme short term range extension and are dynamic - depends on intraday ATR.

#13     Oct 22, 2008
  4. 1m Es sell @ 922.25

#14     Oct 22, 2008
  5. Correction : TWO minute sell

I am going to keep tabs of TWO MInute ES trades only

here in ET

But will be following 1 m ES and 2m NQ and 5m ES trades in my
    real time testing

#15     Oct 22, 2008
  6. nice work jah. Maybe make your own journal or thread so we can easily follow you. Burying it in the SCT boot camp thread probably not the best place.

#16     Oct 22, 2008
  7. I've been only getting whipsawed with this today lol. Day 1 for me tho. I wish the SPM thread was open.

#17     Oct 22, 2008
  8. It closed, but the party just came over here. Which I'd be pissed if I was here to read on SCT and now it's been invaded. Just re-open the other thread!

#18     Oct 22, 2008
  9. FWIW I saw that long just now. I see you have to trade thru some flat times and make sure not to miss a pop like that.

One way to time some exits is wait till you are saying "oh my god this long is so great" and then exit really fast lol.

#19     Oct 22, 2008
  10. Uhm I tried to find about your keltner settings, but I kept seeing pictures of a guy in a straight jacket over and over again lol.

Do you use a standard Keltner, on 2 min what average? I like that idea for a target based on ATR.

#20     Oct 22, 2008