SPM Boot Camp

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Tums, Oct 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok, duh. Problem solved. I assumed that was the ES and didn't even look back.

Sorry, my bad.

:(

#41     Oct 21, 2008
  2. The 3rd and 4th short looks iffy there, but the rest I like' em.

#42     Oct 21, 2008
  3. This is the part of SPM Boot Camp where you pull up your chair, pull out a notepad and start paper trading the system and taking notes until you know it backwards and forwards.

#43     Oct 21, 2008

4. It was 100 cars on 1/4 point! Your memory is failing you mate. As for the Ab - you know what i wanted to say. Hint - urulu.

:D :D :D :D

#44     Oct 21, 2008
  5. It's cool. I just wanted to see where my charting fell off but that wasn't the case since 2 different markets. lol

#45     Oct 21, 2008
  6. We all had to start somewhere. :D

#46     Oct 21, 2008
  7. It's cool. I still want you to pull-up a chair and start taking notes on the MACD until you know it (and price action) backwards and forwards.

Trader28 and I have done/are doing this every day as we work to become better and better traders. I'm newer to this level, but he's already been on it for a while. Anekedoten figured it out and came and went.

It's the only way you learn it, and it's a natural progression once a trader becomes serious.

By doing so you will also see that there are no absolute answers. Choppy markets are always tough. Trending markets always make you feel like you're smarter than you are. Eventually you come to see that the guy who is pretending to have all the answers is the guy who has the least amount of knowledge.

#47     Oct 21, 2008
  8. For instance ... what trade am I in now?

See, it starts becoming pretty obvious, :) .

#48     Oct 21, 2008
  9. Here's the final tally, +$900 and change.

I didn't take profits on an early Long when I should have (losing profits). Then I let it turn against me and hit my stop (forcing a loss of capital). That's a double unforced error right there, but I still ended up coming out ahead.

That's the way it's going to be.

a) You're going to not take profits when you should have, and
    b) You're going to have unforced errors.

BTW, my system is 80%+, but my stats have me coming in at 75%, anybody know why? ... Because I'm a human being and human beings can't trade perfectly. You can have stretches of exceptional execution of your system, but eventually you'll make unforced errors. But that's OK.

So long as you stay within the basic framework of your system, and never violate your protective stops, believe it or not, you'll come out ahead.

Why? ... probability and the law of large numbers. Which you can only put to your advantage if have capital to work with. And the only way to have capital to work with is to let your Stops protect you.

Hope this helps somebody, because I'm beat.

Good night.

#49     Oct 21, 2008
  10. FINALLY!!..... A shocking confession from swordsman!!! This is major news!! Jack surely will be steaming over this! :eek:

#50     Oct 21, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.