SPM Boot Camp

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Tums, Oct 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeah but..... wheres all your fancy mirrors and smoke??

#31     Oct 20, 2008
  2. This is a deja vu guys for me. SPM or as I call it PMS was the first system I seriously looked at. Good old 2006. Then there was my boy Jimmy Jam on ES Journal, and now we are all back. Deja vu I tell you. \

T28 how is your Ab. mom?
    Jimmy still doing night shifts?

Love to all! :D

Still going strong with the same handle I might add! :D

Good to "see" you guys!

#32     Oct 20, 2008
  3. Saxon22, well I'll be!

Long-time no see homie, how the hell are you?

Still trading against the trend and babysitting your position all night long?

Still looking for a food franchise (ostensibly for your "brother").

Good to hear from you man, stick around will ya? :D

#33     Oct 20, 2008

4. My trading has improved thanks to some books some advice and a lot of screen time. Higest position over night is now set at max. 16 cars. Generally, I start with 1 and then usually end up doing 4, rarely go to 8. Most of the time I am out EOD. So far so good, one drop at a time.
    As for the franshise, the idea sounded good at the time when the question was asked. However, both my bro and myself have moved on. We are looking into routes now. There ia a thread on that in archives if you care to get up to speed.
    How are things with you?

#34     Oct 20, 2008
  5. Glad to hear you cut that kamikazee stuff out ... just aint't good for you, especially the way these markets are moving! :eek:

Trading is going very well and I'm taking it one step at a time. I belive in consistency, trading with the trend, high probability trades where you set your stop and take the wins/losses as they come.

Learning how to be on the right side of the market automatically gives you higher than 50/50 odds, and repetition and the law of large numbers takes care of the rest.

I'm all about taking trading seriously and cutting out the bullshit ... that pretty much explains my position on Jack Hershey, LOL.

#35     Oct 20, 2008
  6. Someone asked me to post a chart showing how I use the SPM.

I don't trade using the SPM. I trade using Price Action. As Trader28 has mentioned, a trader moves from trading using indicators to trading using price action as they evolve in their skill level.

But as he also mentioned, it's good to pullout the ol MACD and see if it's still "got it" ... and it has.

Here is a chart showing part of my own method (the Green and Red Arrows) overlaid on a chart which also has the MACD Line and MACD Histogram, as well as the SPM custom moving average of (3,2) <a three period moving average offset forward by two periods>

It should be pretty obvious how both he and I evolved from being indicator traders to price action traders ... the only thing is, we actually took completely different routes to get there. :D :cool:

P.S. My chart uses a 3 minute candlestick, not a 2 minute (different strokes ...).

#36     Oct 20, 2008
  7. GF,
    I did a quick look at the 2 min ES chart and here's what mine looks like today:

[​IMG]

Settings:

[​IMG]

=========

I can follow the first 2 trades but after that, I don't line up at all w/ your posts on the first page or two of the thread. Any idea why the discrepancy? Only looked for a break up/down using the MACD default signal line setting.

#37     Oct 21, 2008
  8. Weird. Doesn't surprise me though. After going through a number of charting platforms, I've learned that none of them really line up w/ each other. There's always some little difference, even with just a standard MACD and a 2 minute chart. Doesn't make sense to me, but it is what it is.

And b/c of that, my chart/day doesn't look anything as impressive as yours was just looking at the breaks. Adding the MA would make a difference to, but I just wanted to do a quick visual while I had some time tonight to see how my charts looked.

Wish I knew why charting platforms can spit out different results when using the same data (supposedly - lol).

#38     Oct 21, 2008
  9. Got a favor to ask - can you post a full day chart like I did here and put a little arrow or something where your trades occurred? I just want to see exactly where mine fell behind. Thanks.

#39     Oct 21, 2008
  10. You're looking at the ES, he's looking at the ER2 (or whatever it is these days).

All the difference in the world.

#40     Oct 21, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.