SPM Boot Camp

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Tums, Oct 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My comissions were $64.00

My net profitabile trades were $711.00

My percent profitable was 75%.

All-in-all, a pretty average day for me. :)

But thanks for the confirmation that the SPM concept works Jack ... and when you get a chance, could you tell me how Neoxx, romanus, TUMS, nkhoi and spydertrader (but only real blotters) did today?

LOL :D

#21     Oct 20, 2008
  2. Quite true. :)

After being personally tutored over the pat two weeks by Jack Hershey, his bright new protege named Neoxx (heir to the throne of spydertrader) got slaughtered to the tune of 20pts per contract in the ES (compared to my net total of 56ticks/14pts + no applause please today). Furthermore, he cried for help but no one would come ... it was hysterical!

Yep, I'd say SPM works just fine ... and SCT doesn't. :D

#22     Oct 20, 2008
  3. I feel that adding the better exits to SPM was a contribution. The fact that these exits also serve as a replacement for your SPM entries may be helpful too. I posted this as humor because I knew you would stop posting those charts at some point.

We went over this years ago. Did you think no one was going to call you on the quality this time around?

People do want to learn.

They can see the slow MACD line gives them the rhythm of the market. They can also see what the four letter stand for in the MACD.

People throughout the world gave up using MACD as an indicator based on a predetermined scale value.

Then they looks at the calculus of it and histograms came into being to digitalize the calculus into finer indicators than doing stats to have the first and second derivatives. The crossover of the fast and slow line always happen at the slow lines first derivative being zero.

By spending a little time looking at the MACD and its signals, the inherent short comings of not using the basic relationship of price and volume beome more and more apparent.

Today the vendors are hawking Price Action.

Tums revved you up by OP'ing the SPM bootcamp. You show up and some people asked you questions. I loved seeing that first clean chart go up. All that had to happen was for the charts to poop out with the poor default you are using.

Running four threads by cutting and pasting the same charts. One by one they fell by the wayside.

So are you going to drop the default and use the contemporary one?

Are you going the add a histogram so you can see the MACD signal go form Divergence to Convergence?

Are you going to add exit sgnals to SPM?

Would any of this help out learners and set people straight on the zero cross over of the MACD?

Are you going to tell anyone about Sentiment and why there are two general kinds of indicators?

People can do searches to find out. Hey they may find Chris Lott's old Q and A's. they may find out when Pring switched from your defualt (the originator's long ago) to the one used contemporarily.

We all look forward to more of mandel's prints and you charts.

#23     Oct 20, 2008
  4. Nah, that's the bastion of your SCT flunkies. We only trade for real over here.

Hey, btw, don't you think they would benefit from your continued contributions (on second thought, considering what happened to Neoxx, I guess not).

You know what happens when you win everyday Jack?

You start compounding your wins ... something neither you, nor spydertrader, nor any of your other cultists know anything about.
    Tell us again how you don't need probability and get 3x the ATR ... we all need an after-the-trading-session fantasy story. :p

#24     Oct 20, 2008
  5. Upgrade the thread?

By showing such a fundamental misunderstanding of indicators to claim there's a "correct default" for MACD?

Which doesn't surprise me because you also claim stochastics is a leading indicator:
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1302778&#post1302778

P.S. What happened to your promise to your IBD group to turn $10 thousand into $1 million in 100 days? With the knowledge you say you have of "correct defaults" and "leading indicators" it should have been easy.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?1gi2qygm3yh

#25     Oct 20, 2008
  6. LMAO man, you saw what happend.

He turned on Neoxx and disowned him like he was a leper or something. Probably made him cry ... LOL. :D

#26     Oct 20, 2008
  7. Tums

Tums

OT post transfered by moderator from here:
    http://elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2132941#post2132941

#27     Oct 20, 2008
  8. I'm glad you're so good at moving posts around TUMS (especially during market hours). :D

Hey, lets do some analysis ...

#28     Oct 20, 2008
  9. [/QUOTE]

heh...... Tums trying to buddy up to the other team now....... lol

#29     Oct 20, 2008
  10. ... I'm going to do some analysis of recent trading performance so everyone can gauge how well an SCT based method works vs. a SPM based method.

To do this we will be analyzing each trader's Profit Per Trade ("PPT") to determine how well they, well, trade.

First we'll have the SCT All Starts.

Jack Hershey PPT: $0 to negative per trade

Neoox PPT: -$200 per trade Neoxx Blows Out

spydertrader: $15.00 per trade churn & burn

TUMS PPT: $0 (just doesn't trade)

Holding down the floor for the SPM crowd we have MandelbrotSet aka Jimmy Jam

Mandel: $100 per trade Just Another Day

P.S. I like the SPM Boot much better! :D

#30     Oct 20, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.