Spiritual Aspects of Trading

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by algorythm, Jan 3, 2007.

1. foible

foible

Why is it that every schmo with an opinion thinks that their wording is superior to the authors of the bible?

That's why religion rots the mind. It encourages people to think that merely wanting something hard enough can change reality.

#51     Jan 22, 2007
  2. Joab

Joab

That would depend on who's reality you were living in wouldn't it.?

The beauty of life is we all have our own individual minds, that's man ... yet we are all connect somehow, that's GOD.

My spirituality is a big part of my trading and I like to have fun and embrass it, more then I like to dwell on it's purpose.

#52     Jan 22, 2007
  3. foible

foible

I don't think that definition of "god" is very useful. Too easy to confuse this with the rest of the world's definition. Maybe "Universal Consciousness" or something...

We have our own minds, but we still need to interact with the rest of the world.

#53     Jan 22, 2007
  4. Joab

Joab

King David was loved and embraced by God even though he was a sinful man because he would constantly sing and dance and lived joyfully in the gift of life.

If we look at most people throughout history that flourished we see the same qualities.

Live a sinless life as possible.
    Love your neighbors as you would yourself.
    Work hard and honestly.
    Celebrate, thank and love GOD.

Leave the rest to him.

#54     Jan 22, 2007
  5. Life is full of misery, loneliness, and suffering - and it's all over much too soon.

#55     Jan 23, 2007
  6. Man consists of two parts, his mind and his body, only the body has more fun.

#56     Jan 23, 2007
  7. #57     Jan 23, 2007
  8. Cutten

Cutten

Until you croak.

#58     Jan 23, 2007
  9. Cutten

Cutten

Translation: you're not drinking enough good beer.

#59     Jan 23, 2007
  10. Maybe I should toast some fine ale to David Hume and to his empirical insights......

(Cutten, Nice post earlier in this thread!)

#60     Jan 23, 2007