Spiritual Aspects of Trading

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by algorythm, Jan 3, 2007.

1. Rigid belief system is used as a spring board... Total submission is used to touch the heart so the conceptual entanglements would fall apart (at least for short span of time). Liberation is when you see these as a "mere" tools to inspire recognition of the nature of cognition and hence nature of things. If you take everything literally, one would make the path more difficult than it is (just adding even more conceptual entanglements).

Get naked man!

Note to myself: get practical (so I can practice more).

#11     Jan 4, 2007
  2. The Islamic thing was a bit of a surprise..............

#12     Jan 4, 2007
  3. religions are based on faith and hope and an inability to deal with reality. not good traits for traders to have.

#13     Jan 4, 2007
  4. I like that. I only post on ET when naked anyway.

Spiritual growth should allow one to cast most inhibitions aside.

It's counterintuitive...
    And impossible to understand unless one has gone down that Hard Road...
    But through Submission one achieves Liberation.
    Both Christianity and Buddhism offer Liberation from this world... but through entirely different methodologies.

#14     Jan 4, 2007
  5. Vhehn,

We have never ever dealed with reality... ever. We always fixate upon our own conceptual imputations. If you have already see beyond the mess, recognize beyond the mess is same nature with the mess and therefore there is no need to strive... all the power to you.

Otherwise if you think you are dealing with reality, good luck with your journey. Religious beliefs/practice are tools man... they call them skillful means... not reality either.
    Everybody think they know what a religion is all about seeing crazy guys bowing to some statues... worse they practice themselves like that... they think they are in some kind of profitable business transaction... they are not... they are wasting their time unless they know what the fuck they are doing. It took me a few years of studies to make some sense and I am far from seeing how deep this shit is. Preconceived ideas are costly... very costly...

Best regards.

#15     Jan 5, 2007
  6. the reality is that there is no evidence of anything supernatural. the reality also is that people who talk gibberish to some imaginary deity in the sky who never answers back are not dealing with reality. sorry thats just the way it is. deal with it.

#16     Jan 5, 2007
  7. There is a meditation exercise to see so-called "pure vision" or your imaginary deity as illusory... Yes ILLUSORY. The pure vision is a tool to be discarded at certain stage of development.... The entire path is all fucking engineered and tuned. If one hasn't gone thru the entire process, yes he is a cult member. It will not work for everybody but thinking it will not work at all is only your reality.

#17     Jan 5, 2007
  8. This may sound odd, but I like trading and investing because it is so amoral.

I am a very ethical and moral person, and I hate to see the things in the world that are happening today - things that I can not change; disgusting, violent and nasty things that disturb me - a continuum of the past (some things never will change).

So I take comfort in looking away and ignoring these things, and focusing on the markets, where the sole object is to make money; and though even the rules may not be fairly enforced, and though information may not be fairly disseminated, there is still a chance to profit for those quick of mind and on the trigger.

The market knows only the color of ticks, up or down, and has no hatred of color, race, nationality, religion or creed.

I love that fact; that the market only knows up ticks and down ticks, is amoral - it lets me escape from the immoral world where grave wrongs are perpetrated every millionth of each second, and over which I have no control.

#18     Jan 7, 2007
  9. foible

foible

Typical Christian arrogance.

And typical Christian ignorance.

Matt 19:21Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

22When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth.

23Then Jesus said to his disciples, "I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

Let's not forget:

(Acts 2:44-45) All that believed were together, and had all things in common; And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.

The pursuit of riches through trading is vehemently anti-Christian. When did Jesus get really angry and get out a whip and start beating people? It wasn't when he met thieves or murderers, it was to beat the money changers. Learn about your own superstitions before spouting.

And the whole idea that Christianity has a monopoly on morality is plain stupid.

#19     Jan 7, 2007
  10. Adobian

Adobian

Why are you trapping yourself in the preconceived views written in the scripture of Buddhism ?

#20     Jan 7, 2007