Spiralling Outta Control... Democrats Seek Millionaire Tax Surcharge

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Tauvros, May 10, 2010.

1. The value of the untaxed bribes these guys receive rises as they reduce the amount of disposable income you have.

No disposable income? Then you have to get everything from the politicians.

That's how it worked in the good old USSR. Get used to it or rebel.

#11     May 10, 2010
  2. it is coming down to Federal government employees, those who work in protected work cartels, and crony businessmen vs. the rest of society.

ie, those who on net benefit from big government, vs those who have to pay for it. Lately, the beneficiaries have been winning the war.

What happens when the parasite completely hijacks the brain of a productive organism???

#12     May 10, 2010
  3. Nobody ever really benefits from big government. For a while there is the illusion that you do, but then you find out it's just a mirage.

These state employees will learn soon enough. Just like the Greeks.

The productive will continue to flee this country.

#13     May 10, 2010
  4. I don't know. Do you have a link or more info?

#14     May 10, 2010
  5. Arnie

Arnie

It wasn't VA. There hasn't been a change in the state income tax in my lifetime.

One thing these guys always miss is that people will change their behavoir in response to higher taxes. For example, you could have a married couple, say a doctor and lawyer, making a $1mil. With this tax increase, they maye decide for one to quit...a stay at home mom for instance. So the state will actually see less income from the tax increase from this couple. I hope one of these state goes under. Not because I want to see people hurt, but this country needs to see firsthand how this (tax and spend) could affect the whole country. You can't balance a budget on the backs of the top 5-10% of earners.

#15     May 10, 2010
  6. MattF

MattF

Going to be a busy summer in many states as the new FY budgets need to be finalized...

#16     May 10, 2010
  7. BSAM

BSAM

What year did we lose control?

The old people think it's theft.

The young people don't know any better. (But, they can operate an iPod and a smartphone. And after all, what else really matters, right?:eek: )

How much longer till we just turn over all our assets to the government and then they will pass back to us what they deem (by some bureaucratic equation) to be fair?

Sad.

And you all know, or should know what it's going to take to retake our liberties.

#17     May 10, 2010
  8. TGregg

TGregg

9. #19     May 10, 2010
  10. france has this millioaire tax

#20     May 10, 2010