Spending bill

Discussion in 'Politics' started by John_Wensink, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Clearly a man of action.

#31     Feb 14, 2009
  2. "Barry was simply manufactured out of thin air. ....but also the manchurian candidate.

that's exactly what i thought when i saw this time magazine cover in 2006, and really hadnt heard about him

http://www.time.com/time/covers/0,16641,20061023,00.html

i thought it had psy-op written all over it - this guy was being 'put up' big time, by the powers that be. Wall street's investment in him paid off right away

my impression has never changed

i've had no surprise in anything he's done since the election

none at all

one of the creepiest moments of my life, about a year ago, was seeing an army truck on I-35 with the horse (chess knight) symbol stenciled on the top of it - just the horse, nothing else. it took me a while to figure out what that meant - where had i seen that symbol before? took me days to remember

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/01/PSYOPsymbols.JPG

#32     Feb 14, 2009
  3. You didn't seem to be too concerned about the $1 TRILLION dollars that we have spent on Iraq, so why is this any different?

Oh, I get it.
    The $1 TRILLION spent on Iraq was by a Republican President and Congress . . . so it was "ok".

#33     Feb 15, 2009
  4. WASHINGTON (Reuters)- President Barack Obama's aides warned Americans on Sunday not to expect instant miracles from the $787 billion economic stimulus bill he will sign this week, but said it would help eventually.

This already stinks to high heaven. Everyone knows this bill is nothing but an opportunity to push the Dem agenda. It will do next to nothing for the economy. However, I have no argument with the Dems getting their way. They did win and they should rule the roost. Pissed off Repubs can learn a lesson from this, especially the ones that stayed home on election day. There are consequences to your actions, or your lack of action. Those that claim to be conservative can also learn a lesson. If you say you're a conservative, then be fucking conservative.
    So what's coming? By mid summer it will become obvious more money is needed, lots more. The real pain hasn't even started!

#34     Feb 15, 2009
  5. Mav88

Mav88

You didn't seem to be too concerned about the $1 TRILLION dollars that we have spent on Iraq, so why is this any different?

Oh, I get it.
    The $1 TRILLION spent on Iraq was by a Republican President and Congress . . . so it was "ok".

I was/am concerned but it occurred over a 6 year period. Spending a 3 trillion in 4 months? I mean it is not only concerning it just takes my damn breath away. Hussein says it's still gonna suck too, got that? We just blew $3 Trillion and our prez says it's not gonna work and he anticipates trillion dollar deficits as far as he can see. This makes Iraq look like a bridge project.

#35     Feb 16, 2009
  6. Mav88

Mav88

Democrats are back to the old slick willie two-step. I also sense a future showdown between Obama and Pelosi, she's such a bitch that it cannot be avoided.

1. They promised to show the bill for 48 hours on the internet before congress would vote. Part of the new era of transparency that was chucked out not even 1 month into this 'new era.

2. Pelosi would not let republicans even see the bill, yet they were castigated for not supporting it.

3. The 'non-earmark' earmarks are one of the most crass and cynical pieces of shit I have ever seen.

Praise the sky, the messiah is here.

How come the question of the effectiveness of tax cuts is not even in the discussion anymore? Kind of funny, demos swore up and down that cutting taxes did not help the economy, now when the chips are down the opposition vanishes. Just shows how power and the politics of hate and envy rule that party.

Honestly, if cutting taxes is of no help good times or bad, then why doesn't obama go through with his tax increase on the wealthy?

#36     Feb 16, 2009
  7. Cesko

Cesko

Come on, they cut the taxes to the tune of $13/week.:D :D :D :D

The fact of not considering substantial permanent tax cut makes me think they don't really give a fuck about the whole situation.
    What is incomprehensible for me is that there are actually people on this site supporting Obama and his semi-bolshevic crew. Talk about dumb and dumber.

#37     Feb 16, 2009