Spending bill

Discussion in 'Politics' started by John_Wensink, Feb 13, 2009.

1. wjk

wjk

Agree, but isn't that their job? Isn't that what the tough questions are for? Perhaps the media would not lose access if they exposed the truth about the pricks since the pricks would be tossed out of office next election. Problem is, some who do ask the tough questions are vilified beyond belief for ideological reasons.

And ideology seems to permeate the media, so it may be more than just fear of access that prevents the tough questions.

#21     Feb 13, 2009
  2. Not only should it be read it should be shit canned.

#22     Feb 13, 2009
  3. Yes, I agree - - at least given some of the parts that I have been able to read. I'm afraid that our discussion will soon be moot and that it will be passed - - - over the objections of many citizens on both sides of the aisle.

Hmmmmmm - - and where were the freakin' 'financially conservative' Republicans when Bush was spending like crazy ? That was all perfectly fine as long as 'their guy' was doing the spending. These damned politicians will be the ruin of us all.

#23     Feb 13, 2009
  4. Why aren't the left privacy advocates screaming about health care records being reported to the gov't?

Unbelievable what a bunch of liars the left really is.

#24     Feb 13, 2009
  5. --You have no privacy. Get over it.--

Larry Ellison.

#25     Feb 13, 2009
  6. Exactly why I am a RECOVERING REPUBLICAN.

The real issue is that why people immediately gather to the "home team," much as you did when you imagined that I was a D.

#26     Feb 13, 2009
  7. I don't have a 'home team', I'm an independent. But your point on assumptions is spot on.

Frankly, I think its all a big game that the politicians play - they rotate musical chairs every 4 or 8 years while the voters argue among themselves and don't even notice how theyre getting shafted. The point of the game is to keep themselves in power.

#27     Feb 13, 2009
  8. You sound like a very wise man....your initial reaction to me notwithstanding. :D

#28     Feb 13, 2009
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

BINGO!

#29     Feb 13, 2009
  10. Cesko

Cesko

You are wrong. Lobbyists have chance to read it.
    http://www.usnews.com/blogs/washing...dont-have-the-stimulus-bill-lobbyists-do.html

I will start going to church and pray that fucking piece of shit president is gone in 4 years. Scumbags.

#30     Feb 13, 2009