Spending bill

Discussion in 'Politics' started by John_Wensink, Feb 13, 2009.

1. About as I expected . . . . a pure robotic partisan who won't answer a simple question.

"rah, rah, rah . . . . go Dems ! I'll go along with anything as long as its sponsored by someone with a D behind their name. And I'll oppose anything as long as they have an R behind their name " Your responses are completely predictable.

(I'm Not a Republican - - -but an independent with libertarian leanings.)

#11     Feb 13, 2009
  2. Then why did ya ask?

#12     Feb 13, 2009
  3. I'm nominating this for "Shortest most effective smackdown" contest

HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Pwned.

#13     Feb 13, 2009
  4. As an independent I like to listen to the views from both sides. I listen to conservative radio and t.v. commentators, and also listen to Air America and liberal commentators. I feel that both sides may offer useful ideas - - - as long as they aren't so completely partisan as to be beyond reason.

(My outlook would be the same if you were a purely partisan Republican.)

I had my suspicions, but wanted to be open minded . . . those suspicions were confirmed by your response, however.

#14     Feb 13, 2009
  5. wjk

wjk

A rep or senator has no business being in congress if they don't read what they sign. I'm only surprised that some actually admit it. Don't matter if they are dems or pubs. Too bad so many voters don't seem to care. Maybe more reporters should probe that instead of being cheerleaders for their guy.

An honest reporter has to do nothing more than ask the question "did you read the bill?". Might actually change the landscape in DC...or not.

#15     Feb 13, 2009
  6. wjk - - I agree with you. I think that these fools are admitting that they haven't read it because its impossible to deny. They got the bill at 11 pm last night and its over 1500 pages of heavy reading. No way they can answer that they read and understand it all. - - - -

#16     Feb 13, 2009
  7. I too am a registered independent. I consider myself be a recovering-Republican-who-could-never-possibly- be-a-Demoncrat-Libertarian-Capitalist. Yet in your rude response to me you assumed way too much about my politics about which you knew jack-shit.

Thus the smart ass response.

My answer to you is that of course they should read the god-damn bill. They should read and discuss the contents of every bill.

The point of me engaging in this thread in first place was to point out the hypocritical indignation of the original poster and the chorus that followed him.

#17     Feb 13, 2009
  8. Oh, yes, do tell us everything about partisan behavior.

#18     Feb 13, 2009
  9. You know why a reporter doesn't ask that question? Because it would embarrass the self-righteous prick. And then the reporter and his or her media employer would lose access due to quite retaliation.

You know which reporter had the balls to actually ask certain senators if they read everything that comes before them before they pass it? Michael fucking Moore. God Bless the fat bastard.

#19     Feb 13, 2009
  10. Excellent ! It looks like we have a point of agreement afterall. I think the bill should be delayed until they have a chance to debate and read its details. I don't think a couple weeks or so would be unreasonable for such a stupendous obligation of money.

Do you think the bill should be held up in order that it be fully read ?

#20     Feb 13, 2009