Spelling and Trading

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Arthur Deco, Jan 22, 2009.

1. EricP

EricP

jem,

I have to agree with you completely. I find chronic misspellings a bit annoying, but that's a written communitcations shortcoming and not a trading shortcoming.

I'd like to think that I'm a decent enough speller, and a decent trader. That said, I don't see any relationship between the two, whatsoever. In fact, I would suggest that while trading is more geared towards those with mathematical aptitudes, spelling is more suited to those with language skills (and I for one, found the math easier than the language stuff in school!).

Anyway, is terrible grammer or poor spelling fun to read? Probably not. However, is excellent spelling and grammer in any way a prerequisite for trading success? Absolutely not, IMO.

-Eric

P.S. Yikes! That's three posts already this month. Back to the shadows...

#51     Jan 23, 2009
  2. I think a better indicator of decreasing knowledge is a country that is apathetic about going into trillions and trillions of debt.

In other words Obama supporters are a good indicator.

#52     Jan 23, 2009
  3. Yes, Eric, you should be ashamed of yourself, an august personage like you posting! I am honored that I tempted you out. Especially for such a trifle.

#54     Jan 23, 2009
  4. And to all other respondents, thank you so much! Help me be on the prowl for good bad examples.

#55     Jan 23, 2009
  5. bathrobe

bathrobe

I could not agree more. As for age, I am 29 and my beloved mother taught me to speak and spell correctly, in English, not some jumbled form of it which most others speak in this country.

#56     Jan 23, 2009
  6. Thanks, Bathrobe. I assume you trade in your lucky one. I always say "You aren't trading furiously enough if your frayed old K-Mart slippers don't stink!"

#57     Jan 23, 2009
  7. J J aapl

J J aapl

hilarious.. haha

#58     Jan 24, 2009
  8. zdreg

zdreg

why do many posters spell their as there?

why don't many posters use the check speller when posting?

this lack of discipline is endemic. it is probably one of the reasons the US is in its current shape.

#59     Jan 24, 2009
  9. It gets better. The Wall Street Journal today has a book review on the decline of handwriting. Eighty-five percent of SAT essay takers in 2006 wrote in block letters rather than in script!

#60     Jan 24, 2009