Spelling and Trading

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Arthur Deco, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Don't confuse the simplicity of trading with dumbness. What I do is simple, but I didn't arrive at it by being dumb.

Thanks Cold, you give great counter-examples.

#21     Jan 22, 2009
  2. My personal favorites:

Loose (instead of lose) and rEdiculous.

#22     Jan 22, 2009
  3. Attention to detail does not guarantee success. A lack of attention to detail usually assures failure.

#23     Jan 22, 2009
  4. NoDoji

NoDoji

As ET's resident Mom, I encourage all traders to practice their spelling words and grammar on a daily basis, taking special care to learn the difference between these commonly confused words:

AAPL, APL and APOL

AET and EAT

BID and BIDU

FLR, FLIR, and FSLR

M and MA

#24     Jan 22, 2009
  5. Thank you, Mom! And we'll eat our veggies, too!

#25     Jan 22, 2009
  6. opt789

opt789

This is funny, but what is even funnier is that so many here will read that and not get the joke.

#26     Jan 22, 2009
  7. jem

jem

Does anyone who does or has traded for a living over a period of years think spelling has anything to do with making a living trading?

I am not talking about computer programs - I am talking actual consistent profits. Over say at least 1000 trades.

I think you might make a great columnist, see safire... but trader?

I think traders adjust far to frequently to worry about spelling on the internet.

#27     Jan 22, 2009
  8. rc5781

rc5781

err, it's called a "typo".....

#28     Jan 22, 2009
  9. ammo

ammo

art ,the correct mispelling of explain is splain

#29     Jan 22, 2009
  10. I manage to ignore most spelling errors, convincing myself it was probably just a typo (I draw the line with loose/lose and alot/a lot), but when people choose to ignore the most basic rules of grammar, I feel like they are uneducated, on the wrong side of the bell curve, or playing on their parents computer in the basement.

Why would anyone use the ellipsis every four or five words? Why do they type 16 question marks and 12 exclamation marks after every sentence? What do the have against paragraphs and punctuation?

Please forgive me if I misspelled anything. It was probably just a typo.

#30     Jan 22, 2009