Spelling and Trading

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Arthur Deco, Jan 22, 2009.

1. People Ego's is the most valuable currency in the universe....:)

#221     Feb 11, 2010
  2. Fools gold

#222     Feb 11, 2010
  3. JRL

JRL

My wife is in medical school and still can't get the "there, their, they're" meanings, nor the "your, you're" differences. She also consistently butchers "definately", "conveinent", and probably quite a few other words that aren't coming to me at the moment.

I don't get it. The woman reads about 200 pages textbook stuff each day, gets good grades in med school, but spells at about a Grade 5 level.

Spelling, I think, is kinda like the ability to draw; you've either got it, or ya don't. :)

#223     Feb 11, 2010
  4. heypa

heypa

Quote from Mr_Black:

It is fun to watch how the majority refuses to make some $$$ using simple p/v relationship

Simple pv relationship??????????????????????????????

#224     Feb 11, 2010
  5. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

a trading savant is just that - y woould ya spec 1 ta spel also?

#225     Feb 12, 2010
  6. heypa

heypa

Youbetcha. Might as well be unreasonable. I couldn't survive without spell check.

#226     Feb 12, 2010
  7. NoDoji

NoDoji

You know, if your having trouble with you're "your" and "you're", you can always study some books on grammar; the reason there their is for they're incredible usefulness in helping master yore proper usage :D

#227     Feb 12, 2010
  8. zdreg

zdreg

you are probably a product of the feely good education system in the US. no wonder America cannot compete internationally.

#228     Feb 12, 2010
  9. It is strange, but a few years ago I was relatively careful about my spelling and grammar. Then I started programming again to place information onto my charts and my spelling went to hell. I'm thinking that it might be the abbreviations and pseudo-words I use for memory variables and the like, which don't need to be real words as long as they are typed consistently so the code compiles. Typing e-mails doesn't really enforce good writing habits either, since we tend to write colloquially in a sloppier speaking style.

#229     Feb 12, 2010