Speeding Ticket

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by FCXoptions, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Arnie

Arnie

FCX take your car to a station that can calibrate your speedometer. If its off, even a little, a lot of times the judge will drop the charge to defective equipment. Also, I would get a lawyer. The judge and DA are lawyers too, and those guys take care of their own. :D

#21     Jun 21, 2013
  2. Well I was thinking about doing that, but honestly I know about how far it is off. I do however question whether he rounded up a little on the speed he wrote me for doing. It is a percentage due to larger aftermarket tires. I think it is approximately 5%. If that is the case then I think he rounded up about 3mph. My thinking was if the ticket says I was doing 20 over, the judge is going to say there is no way you didn't realize you were doing 20 over whether your speedometer was off or not. I also don't know if there is a way to recalibrate the speedometer on Nissan Titan's a year or two ago I tried finding a way to do it but was unsuccessful. Something might have come out since then or the shops might be able to do it now I'm not sure.

A lawyer is far from being in the budget as much as I wish it was. So I think I will just pay the traffic school fee if they will let me.

#22     Jun 21, 2013