Speeding Ticket

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by FCXoptions, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

They can be very pleasant. It's just that they're used to dealing with all the fucking idiots that live here in Florida, and they come out of their cruiser ready to open a can o' whoopass. If you treat them with respect like Lucrum did, you will benefit from it.

#11     Jun 20, 2013
  2. jnbadger

jnbadger

Pretty sure that's the case everywhere. I got pulled over for speeding in Minneapolis once and the cop approached my car with his hand close to his side arm. By the time it was done, he was telling me how glad he was that Wisconsin finally got the conceal and carry law passed.

BTW, all I had on me was an old insurance card, and he said "good enough". I think he had bigger things to worry about.

#12     Jun 20, 2013
  3. LEAPup

LEAPup

I'm always nice when stopped. I was a Trooper many moons ago. The FL troops seem rather dry from what I've seen.

#13     Jun 20, 2013
  4. The only problem I have is when they ask you "Do you know why I stopped you?" I never know what to say.

"You saw me and I didn't see you?"

#14     Jun 20, 2013
  5. Haha I think the same thing! I used to keep a Valentine One radar detector in my truck at all times because I just have a tendency to go fast in it because it is a little less noticeable and since the speedometer is off.

The only time I have been pulled over with it was a family emergency and I was on the phone being told some rather dramatic news and the radar detector beeping at me like crazy wasn't my top priority to pay attention to. The first thing the cop does is start laughing and say "bet that thing didn't detect me!" I said I picked you up a half mile back....so it did but I was just not paying attention to my speed at the time due to a family emergency taking place. He just said oh...then wrote me a ticket lol owell.

#15     Jun 20, 2013
  6. LEAPup

LEAPup

The V1 is the best radar detector I've ever seen. As long as you're not the lead car, you'll do we'll with one.

Btw, if you ever get pulled over, throw the detector under the seat. Every cop I know would write a person with a detector. When I did that job, I mostly gave warnings, but the guy with the detector got a ticket. Wow, did I hate working traffic! No way I could have worked for a highway patrol vs state police.

#16     Jun 20, 2013
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

No I think she was Lucie County.

I did have an encounter with a trooper a couple years ago though. Some young honey backed into me while I was looking over my shoulder and backing out of a parking space at one of those turnpike gas/food thingies.

I made the mistake of being honest that I didn't actually see anything because I was looking behind me. She lied and said I hit her, while I was moving away from her no less. Trooper said it was state law that someone had to be at fault. The middle aged guy from out of state, or the young lady resident with cleavage busting out of her blouse. I'll let you guess who got the violation.

#17     Jun 20, 2013
  8. LEAPup

LEAPup

Oh yes, I can imagine. And he shouldn't have written you a ticket. I've only written maybe 3-4 tickets out of 100+ car crashes. I'd note in the crash report who was at fault, but that didn't mean they also got a ticket. Some of these guys are their own worst enemies. Glad I left that job behind moons ago.

#18     Jun 20, 2013
  9. Today is not my day! I got pulled over on the way to class tonight...again...FML. I even had the V1 on lol, but I wasn't speeding. I was hurrying to class for a test and went through a light right as it turned red.

It was city police though and I told him this was the second time today...he said what did they write your ticket for? and I told him and he said "oh shit, well I am not going to ruin your day any worse than THP has so here is a warning" lol. I got lucky!

#19     Jun 20, 2013
  10. LEAPup

LEAPup

Wow! You've had the blue light special today.

#20     Jun 20, 2013