speed trader vs lightspeed vs IB who is the best in retail?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by brokerboy, May 3, 2012.

1. i just want to mention to you that i called IB and the person on the phone told me there really in no savings using cost plus until you trade 300k shares a month. i don't think its difficult to trade 300k but i am not sure how many times a month i want to trade.

i noticed lightspeed and speed trader use penson so IB is more appealing now. i don't think you will lose your money with penson i just don't know if its worth the aggravation.

#21     May 7, 2012
  2. So what is the best broker to use today. I trade with scottrade and have for past 10yrs, but I have a lot of people just starting and not with over 25k. What broker is best in for a small account today? I guess also is there a better option then scottrade today for large accounts? I'm not a big forum user so any direction to a proper spot to answer this question or ask it that would be great.

#22     Mar 28, 2016
  3. Handle123

Handle123

I use Lightspeed half the time, been with them number of years, they in top five I think in being cheapest, but when I call them, they pick up, that is key for me. I also use Optionshouse, I understand they being bought by Etrade? So I might end up doing less with them if they change rates. I have an IB account as a backup, I don't like them at all, I don't like being on hold when I have a problem, I hardly ever stocks/option trades with them. I do zero futures with them. There staff often times been rude. I have couple other stock brokers that cost more but each offer information that public have but I simple don't have time to read or more like I don't have desire. So it more of paying much more for trades cause of services. But I could just ask some of you guys as you all know a hell of a great deal more than I do on what is going on.

#23     Jul 28, 2016