speed trader vs lightspeed vs IB who is the best in retail?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by brokerboy, May 3, 2012.

1. the DAS system speed trader uses is horrible

#11     May 4, 2012
  2. Depends on add/remove liquidity for the overall rates. I would also agree that a lot of people here obsess over rates without regard to execution quality or fit to their strategies.

#12     May 4, 2012
  3. totally agree. my rates are + - ecns. even when i remove liquidity i try and send it to bats y or edga or some other cheap route so its not much more. and when i add i hit whoever pays the most.

sometimes ill just market in and out though and not care about ecn fees depending on the type of trade i am in. and like you said then i need a platform that does what i need and gives me fast and quality fills

#13     May 4, 2012
  4. this is information i want to hear. whats your problems with it. does it lose orders or not execute?

#14     May 5, 2012
  5. i am more of a nyse stock person so i don't focus on rebate trading but i see what your trying to say. i always paid per share but if i wanted to rebate trade i might be flipping stock on 7 dollar tickets.

#15     May 5, 2012
  6. def

def Sponsor

It's not about rebate trading. Sometime you'll take liquidity but other times you'll remove. However, why would you direct route to NYSE and not use a router like SMART which will get you better fills. Have you seen NYSE's market share lately? It's the total net cost that matters.

But in any event, you continue to miss out on the apple to apple comparison between brokers and you also fail to note on speed traders site that they charge routing fees. The routing fee they state for NYSE is .005. That brings their minimum commission greater than IB's flat fee as they charge .0089 and to note, the .005 they mark up according to their site, is significantly higher than the true NYSE fee.

https://speedtrader.com/Fees_Routing.aspx
    http://individuals.interactivebrokers.com/en/accounts/fees/NYSEstkfee.php?ib_entity=llc

#16     May 5, 2012
  7. im not a rebate trader either. i trade for profits any way i can get them. if i can shave a couple bucks off the top and keep more of the profit by setting up some keys with proper routing why wouldnt i? IB isnt for me i just left them. a ticket deal doesnt suit my style either. it sounds like you are all over the place. who do you trade with now and why are you looking to leave?

to answer your other question DAS is just a bad system if you took one look at it you would realize that pretty quickly.

#17     May 5, 2012
  8. it was late when i looked at your post but it hit me the next day what you were saying.

#18     May 5, 2012
  9. i am all over the place. i prop traded for 10 years in my past life. i am not worried about being profitable because i never had a problem with that. i know who i am and i am not a big time roller. that's my edge knowing that. i looking for the right setup for me. i want to keep my account fees to nothing and only trade 1 day a month if that's how i feel. i saw flat fee rates so i am thinking about trading size for rebates and the spread. i am also thinking of trading the charts with swing trades. i want the option to day trade and i am open to learning futures trading too.

#19     May 5, 2012
  10. i like using speedtrader because they actually respond when you try to contact them, whether by email or phone. as for das, i have not had any problems with it. they have fast execution speed and i've been using das for a long time

#20     May 7, 2012