Speculators pushing down price of Natty- Where is the outrage?

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by John_Wensink, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Where is congress, the senate, the CFTC?????

2. Probably not an issue because regular citizens who are trying to feed their families, put gas in their cars, food on their tables, etc., don't hurt more when prices come down.

Just a thought.

3. Sarcasm[A] is stating the opposite of an intended meaning especially in order to sneeringly, slyly, jest or mock a person, situation or thing. It is strongly associated with irony, with some definitions classifying it as a type of verbal irony intended to insult or wound. Sarcasm can also be used in a humorous or jesting way depending on the intent of the person speaking.

4. empee

empee

This is the funniest thread I've read it awhile. Thanks :)

5. Sarcasm[A] is stating the opposite of an intended meaning especially in order to sneeringly, slyly, jest or mock a person, situation or thing. It is strongly associated with irony, with some definitions classifying it as a type of verbal irony intended to insult or wound. Sarcasm can also be used in a humorous or jesting way depending on the intent of the person speaking.

I took the liberty of bolding the words that are not applicable to the internet. You might want to change the definition.

6. ?????
    Verbal may mean:
    A major character in the 1995 film The Usual Suspects.
    One part of the Japanese hip-hop duo m-flo

7. recall that Greenspan suddenly and mysteriously became annoyed about the price of natural gas during testimony before the House. at the time nat was around $15 per thousand .

and nat started tugging crude oil around.. can't have that.. screws things up

well, Big Al fixed that and soon after, nat tanked..

just so you know who you're trading against and btw, Morgan starts later this year with crude, something the market is now realizing

an opinion of course and I could be wrong.

and everyone wonders why gold seems to get hit with these occasional crashes.. and the dollar miraculously can rally.

no accident, my friend

8. I think we should get the CFTC to crack down on these short sellers, maybe we should try to get an up-tick rule so people cant just manipulate the market

9. I can just see the expression of the faces of some people for dragging execs for a grilling because the price is falling to fast.

Now that would be one time I would actually have to tune into to C-SPAN.

I guess their defense could be you told us to use or lose it so we used it.

10. m22au

m22au

Maybe the SEC can come out with an emergency ruling that states that you can't short oil or nat gas unless you physically locate the product that you are selling?

That might help to get rid of those evil naked short-sellers

#10     Aug 20, 2008