Speculation on S&P500 futures (analysis and trading signals)

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by LCC, Sep 28, 2022.

1. LCC

LCC

Hello!

I invite everyone to post their forecasts and trading signals for the S&P500 futures (short-term, medium-term, any) in this thread.
    The more detailed your vision is, the better. Any discussions that do not go far from the topic of analysis are welcome.

I myself will also post my signals (intraday), and I will also keep statistics of my transactions.

My theory for gaining an edge in trading:
    With random entries and exits, the profit/loss ratio tends to be 50/50, (and minus commissions and slippage, of course),
    but if we enter on good signals, we get about 5% advantage (i.e. already 55/45),
    if we also exit on good signals, we get another 5% advantage (i.e. already 60/40),
    if we maintain a good stop / take ratio (for example, 1/3) - another 5% advantage (already 65/35),
    if somehow we still manage to reduce losses and increase profits (for example, moving the stop to breakeven, closing in parts, etc.) - we get another couple of percent.
    In general, all this is more than enough to make good money, even despite the costs (commissions, slippage, etc.).
    Well, if we also reinvest profits ...
    Of course, this all works, provided that all the basic rules of money management are observed, but we all understand this anyway.

[​IMG]
    * the price range for entry is marked with a blue square
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 28, 2022
    MACD and murray t turtle like this.
  2. %%
    MOSTLY down \2022\ + medium term down;
    short term anything can happen, even an oVerdue bear rally/LOL:D:D

LCC likes this.
  3. cesfx

cesfx

I didn't know it was this easy.

LCC likes this.
  4. LCC

LCC

Closed at breakeven.

5. LCC

LCC

Yes, basically everything seems to be moving down. But it moves with pullbacks, and these pullbacks can be profitable in the short term :)

MACD and murray t turtle like this.
  6. LCC

LCC

It's just not easy, I think)

murray t turtle likes this.
  7. schizo

schizo

Man, you already broke the most important principle of posting trades. First, you intentionally left out the time marker on the chart. Is that an intraday or a daily chart? Second, you vaguely pointed out that you've entered short by drawing a box. You didn't even specifically state at what price. But that area you marked already transpired 9 HOURS before you made this post. Now that you say you got out at BE? It doesn't sound too convincing to be honest with you.

murray t turtle, NoahA and LCC like this.
  8. LCC

LCC

Yes, you are right, I made some mistakes. I will post more accurately in the future.

murray t turtle and schizo like this.
  9. I'm a little confused. You're trading the ES there with no signal? that was an inside bar which would have been a go-long signal if anything when it's trading below the open. The margin on the ES is about 500 depending on your broker for an intraday (that's the lowest margin I know anyway) You would have had to hold through a 1000 dollar loss there to break even at a point where if you had held for another 30 seconds you would have made 500. There's something not right about that trade.

10. LCC

LCC

E-Mini S&P500 04.05 - Long: 3695.25

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2022
    #10     Sep 29, 2022
    Laissez Faire likes this.