Spectrum Capital Partners

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Bones1955, Sep 18, 2003.

1. Bones1955

Bones1955

Folks,

I've seen some past responses on a firm named Spectrum Capital Partners. I have had one or two replies about them, but I would like to see if anybody else knows of them. I would like to know about training they offer, atmosphere, pay-outs etc.

I would consider pursuing their opportunity if they check out OK.

Thanks for the input.

Cheers

2. I spoke to them twice. They rubbed me the wrong way.

1) NO training. They're willing to train on the system (AT Financial) which wil be phased out. Nothing on trading. They did offer to sit me with one of their traders, but it seemed like BS.

2) Sponsorship for licneses. They'll sponsor but you pay. That's normal in some places, but I've had offers from other firms that would pay for my books and licenses.

3) The payout was ridiculous. I did the math, and it would be about 10-12 months before I saw a dime. These guys make money on the ticket charges, these balloon heads charge 1.2 cents per share, plus pass throughs. Other firms offer cheaper fixed prices.

I decided to go on my own, and have gotten training from third parties. Training is the most important, Ive read books, but it's all BS until you start trading.

I found this after running a search on spectrum again. after they called me back today.

If they called me they must be desperate! Do your own research, this is my experience.