Spectrum Capital Partners.

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Bibine, Jan 18, 2003.

1. Do you know who they clear with and the owners name?

#11     Jan 23, 2003
  2. Bibine

Bibine

No I'm sorry I have very little information on them. Their website is www.scptrading.com but there is not much on it.

It should be a small structure though: 2 partners I think.

#12     Jan 24, 2003
  3. says their trading platform is something called "shonex".

rhymes with. ;-)

#13     Jan 24, 2003
  4. dvs

dvs

one of our traders went to spectrum, according to him, they are good for listed, ok for nasdaq

#14     Jan 24, 2003
  5. jlcarey1

jlcarey1

I just signed up to work with them. I went on many interviews for several different firms. Spectrum gave me the most confidence.
    There are two partners who run it. They recently bought themselves outright as they were indeed a sub of Schonfeld.

They currently have about 80 traders. Looking to expand to about 180. I would say that they are in a hiring frenzy now.

I am really not allowed to go into any more detail, because I already signed the contract and I respect their wish of privacy.

I would recommend it. So far......

#15     Jan 24, 2003
  6. I think Spectrum still clears through Schonfeld. It's two partners originally started out as Schonfeld traders before they left and started Spectrum as a sub LLC of Andover. I have heard mixed reviews regarding their firm.

#16     Jan 24, 2003
  7. They arent on their own. They are a division of shonefeld securities.

#17     Feb 2, 2003
  8. This is really funny. Under "Locations" on their website, there is only a picture of a guy getting into a cab.

Is this how my money will disappear?

#18     Feb 2, 2003
  9. bcgator

bcgator

I have a few traders in the room who left Spectrum and had a hard time getting their money. Also are in the middle of legal proceedings. Very messy.:mad:

#19     Feb 2, 2003
  10. nitro

nitro

That link doesn't work for me. Maybe they realized they better change the home page when thetraderprofit mentioned the cad RIDE?

nitro

#20     Feb 2, 2003