Spectre's Weight Loss Journal

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Spectre2007, Dec 31, 2017.

1. That's all well and good, and it's great that you're making headway, but exercise some caution as you try to get the balance right. Because the problem with meaningful denial is almost certain and eventual overcompensation. So the idea is not to be hungry, but to eat foods that can sate you without inflating you. "Sate but do not inflate."TM You should learn to enjoy the foods that are good for you; that's the real paradigm shift. And you can for it. It just takes a bit of time for your taste buds and body to acclimate. And when they do, losing weight will not be such a chore. The problem with hard work is that we tend to want to reward ourselves.

Anyway, sorry for posting too much on your thread. Please continue to post your progress, and best of luck.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    #51     Jan 12, 2018
    Spectre2007 likes this.
  2. Post as much as you would like. Goal is still 190lbs. My wife said I weighed 202 when we met. At 202, it felt good riding sport bikes. She has the Peleton bike, I think she placed in the top 10 percent out of 900 people online.

Getting the treadmill version coming out mid year.

#52     Jan 12, 2018
  3. Zodiac4u

Zodiac4u

For me i went down to 1400 calories per day and this did have its share of side affects so i had to adjust my intake to closer to 1800/2000. When your a grownup and your used to 3000+ calories, dropping down to under 2000 is a big jump. You may experience some dizziness after one or two weeks, i know i did and i had to increase my intake of protein. But when i first approached the diet, I used some logic or at least it worked for me. The body doesn't know how to tell us what to eat, we just get hunger pains or we have the empty feeling. But hunger is associated with lacking nutrients, hence the feeling of hunger.
    My diet consisted with nutrient rich foods with healthy fats, avocado's, certain nuts and certain types of fish, also eating nutrient rich greens with meat forces you to eat slower, hence being fuller faster. I also found that eating highly spiced (not Hot) foods curbed my appetite quicker and kept me fuller longer. If i chose wraps i used lettuce, cabbage or any other large leafy green that does or doesn't need pre-steaming. when i ate snacks i ate combination vegetables like sugar snap peas and carrots, this curbed my appetite verses just carrots. There is also much research on foods with a lot of spicy(heat) benefiting ones diet, by way of suppressing hunger longer. Get an eye dropper and Try two drops of ghost pepper sauce in your mouth and you wont be eating for at leased 4 hours even when your hungry.:D

Good luck Speck!

#53     Jan 12, 2018
    Spectre2007 likes this.
  4. 1/14/18

Had a large bowl of cereal yesterday.. felt full after. Friday I ate more than usual. But made up for it yesterday.

#54     Jan 14, 2018
  5. Zodiac4u

Zodiac4u

I wanted add something since you mentioned breakfast, when I did breakfast i sometimes ate hard boiled eggs, but i removed the egg whites. I read somewhere that the egg whites caused inflammation. I don't know if that was true but i did notice that just eating the Yolks made my morning food craving go away and gave me a full feeling from just eating 2-3. The yolks are packed with different vitamins and minerals. If your daily protein consumption is adequate than missing that bit in the morning wouldn't be a big deal. Not sure if you would get the same affect but it did work for me.

Good luck and great job:thumbsup:

#55     Jan 14, 2018
  6. 1/20/18

233.8 lbs.

been lapsing here and there. But resolve is back. There is something about fasting that works. Going into calorie deficit, let’s you pick the meal you wish to eat. At same time need to be careful with amounts.

Water intake seems to be less with less calories consumed. I kind of have to force myself to drink more water.

It’s very easy to accumulate calories by popping chocolate or other snacks throughout the day. Giving up soda has made a big difference.

Apart from outdoor physical work,I don’t exercise on a regular basis. I pop a Lipitor when I remember.

#56     Jan 20, 2018
  7. I have the Aria 2 weight scale. At start of the year I had to redo the upload link.

#57     Jan 20, 2018
  8. 1/21/18

#58     Jan 21, 2018
  9. 1/22/18

Getting into the 220's will be reaffirming.

#59     Jan 22, 2018
  10. 1/23/18

#60     Jan 23, 2018