Spectre's Weight Loss Journal

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Spectre2007, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Are you not a personal trainer? And, if so, should you not know what they are?

#41     Jan 11, 2018
  2. For context, how old are?

Some people are more sensitive to sodium than others. But I can't imagine that anyone fares well over time with "tons" of the stuff. I hope I'm wrong, but I expect that it will catch up to you eventually, as will an excess consumption of saturated fat.

#42     Jan 11, 2018
  3. Visaria

Visaria

Early forties

#43     Jan 11, 2018
  4. Visaria

Visaria

Yes, i am a certified PT but non practising. I really don't know the signs of overtraining. I believe it does exist but it is quite rare.

Let's forget about the artificial environment of the gym for a while. Let's look at a manual worker say in construction. This dude might be doing some seriously heavy work for many hours every day, say 5 days a week. Would you say he would be a candidate for 'overtraining'? Does he in fact suffer these from this? How does he continue to do his job if that is the case?

#44     Jan 11, 2018
    Spectre2007 likes this.
  5. To answer your question, here is a list of overtraining symptoms presented in a book I posted about a while back:

1. General fatigue
    2. Persistent muscle soreness
    3. Joint soreness
    4. Elevated heart rate
    5. Irritability
    6. Loss of motivation
    7. Depression
    8. Insomnia
    9. Loss of appetite
    10. Weight loss
    11. Decreased sex drive
    12. Susceptibility to infection or disease
    https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/training-for-mass.309233/#post-4457050

To answer your other question, a manual laborer can potentially "overtrain," so to speak, especially as he gets older. Some people are more resilient than others but everyone has a limit. And keep in mind that it is not very difficult for someone training to true failure to reach an overtrained state. Most physically demanding jobs don't require that kind of intensity, which is why they can get away with longer "duration" and more "frequency."

#45     Jan 11, 2018
    Spectre2007 and Visaria like this.
  6. Visaria

Visaria

Thanks. I don't have any of the symptoms mentioned. I'm going to research this further. I'm actually wondering if i personally can do even more sessions in the gym, say twice a day! Will keep you posted.

#46     Jan 11, 2018
    Spectre2007 likes this.
  7. 235.1

1/12/18

#47     Jan 12, 2018
  8. Yes, please keep us posted. And when you do, give us an indication of the volume, intensity and frequency so that we can put it all into context. Also an approximate percentage breakdown of compound vs. isolation exercises.

As an aside, I wonder why it is that you would even feel the need to work out twice a day. Even half a lifetime ago, when I was doing far more than I needed to, the thought of going twice a day never occurred to me, nor could I have accommodated it into my schedule.

I'm reminded once again of Arthur Jones. You may not agree with his conclusions, but there is undeniable wisdom in his comment, and I paraphrase: Instead of trying to find how much exercise we can tolerate, we should try to find out how little exercise we actually require.

Stated differently, why overpay?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    #48     Jan 12, 2018
  9. A key thing that’s been working is foregoing calories till you crave a certain foods taste. Than only eating small portions of that food craved. The less calories you eat over time is your greatest asset. Time ticks away, and the more you let it tick away, the greater the calorie deficit.

I’ve also been doing 30 minutes of cardio intermittently. Past patterns, I’ve been probably eating 3000-3500 calories. Now about 1800.

#49     Jan 12, 2018
  10. breaking 230 big deal. Looks like a derivative chart. Support at 230.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    #50     Jan 12, 2018