Spectre's Weight Loss Journal

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Spectre2007, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Visaria

Visaria

Starving himself leads to muscle loss as Fred as pointed out i think. Don't do it.

#31     Jan 10, 2018
  2. Vertex

Vertex

Why no cardio?

#32     Jan 10, 2018
  3. A part of the reason diets fail for me in the past was, I wasn’t able to see progress fast enuf. As the pounds drop, mentally it gives you reaffirmation of what your doing. The only reason for the me the weight rebounds is when I give up on diet because I feel too confident, than discipline breaks. So for me it’s either one extreme or the other.

I have Paul Banyan arms, it’s from doing a lot of work outside moving trees:logs and chainsawing. I live in the country side, and may be considered a red neck.

I can afford to lose muscle, I was picking up things at a store once, and dude came up to me asked me if I was with local NFL team.

#33     Jan 10, 2018
  4. Visaria

Visaria

Cause you'll burn muscle.

#34     Jan 10, 2018
  5. Not sure if you know this guys. But there is a fasting euphoria/ mental clarity that creeps up on you. Lot of the great thinkers fasted. I think it has a lot to do with blood brain barrier and some food components crossing over, interfering with natural chemistry. When fasting, only bodies natural chemistry play a role in neuronal signaling.

#35     Jan 10, 2018
  6. Symptoms of overtraining are a good place to start.

#36     Jan 11, 2018
  7. Keep focusing on saturated fats and, in the fullness of time, your cardiologist will tell you all about the DASH diet.

#37     Jan 11, 2018
  8. The thing is, when you try to lose weight too quickly, two things will happen. You will almost certainly lose some muscle mass, and you will be on a dietary regimen that is unsustainable. And then, when you eventually rebound on the diet, you will overshoot. Enter the yoyo. As others have said before, you should strive for a sustainable dietary regimen. Steady wins the race, and it shouldn't even be a race. People who want to get results too quickly, be it in diet, training, trading or whatever, often get disappointed.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    #38     Jan 11, 2018
  9. Visaria

Visaria

I eat 4 eggs a day, one extra large avocado, loads of desiccated coconut and tons of salt.

My BP is around 115/85 at rest.

#39     Jan 11, 2018
  10. Visaria

Visaria

What are the symptoms of over training? I would like to know since i train 6x a week.

#40     Jan 11, 2018