Specter To Switch Parties

Discussion in 'Politics' started by drjekyllus, Apr 28, 2009.

1. JDL

JDL

don't forget a bunch of homo's that been in trouble with the law for trying to have gay sex in public and on the internet, they sure love there boys.

#31     Apr 28, 2009
  2. No matter what the reason, the GOP has to start gaining ground again or end up under it. They don't seem to be making any headway speaking about the huge debt being piled up.

I still think that it is because McConnell and Boehner have no credibility with voters. They have to step aside for the good of the party and let some new, un-Bush-tainted blood rise through the ranks.

Either that, or we need a real, viable 3rd party.

#32     Apr 28, 2009
  3. whadaya expect from a guy that whitewashed an assasination?

he killed the GOP with his magic bullet

#33     Apr 28, 2009
  4. Certainly there are but they are shrinking as evidenced by Spector's state showing a swing of 200000 registered Reps. switched to Dems.

Consider the look of the Senate in the past 10 years:

IN the south: 17 now vs 15 after the 1998 election.

Northeast: 3 now vs 9 in 1998

West: 10 vs 16

Midwest 10 vs 14.

I think there is a message here the Republicans are ignoring; basically, they have put ideology over getting elected. Whether that is good or bad is of course in the eye of the beholder.

Seneca

#34     Apr 28, 2009
  5. To further help their cause, Republicans committed what may the political equivalent of the Katrina response (I hope not, but....) when they stripped about 800 million out of the stimulus package for PANDEMIC prepardness:
    "
    WASHINGTON � Congress stripped nearly $900 million to combat an influenza pandemic from the economic-stimulus package earlier this year as part of last-minute negotiations to gain GOP support for the plan.

Now, with the spread of a potentially deadly strain of the swine flu, public-health advocates and liberal bloggers are sharply criticizing the move. Key Democratic lawmakers, including Iowa Sen. Tom Harkin, vowed Monday to fight for increased funding in the coming weeks."

full:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2009-04-27-flumoney_N.htm

Seneca

#35     Apr 28, 2009
  6. Excellent point.

But the GOP and Party Chair Mike Duncan didn't figure this out till way too late; hence watching the GOP get crushed in the 2006 Congressional elections.

The GOP can point all the fingers that they want, but at the end of the day they have to look in the mirror.

#36     Apr 28, 2009
  7. Illum

Illum

Would you blame the neo cons more than the religious right? Personally I would, based on actual damage done to the country. But both make the party unfit for today's America. They need to reinvent themselves, we need debate.

#37     Apr 28, 2009
  8. Specter was unwanted in the Republican party and running behind in polls for the Republican primary. The switch was obvious to many.

[​IMG]

#38     Apr 28, 2009
  9. Specter is a political whore like most of them. He'll sell his ass to the highest bidder. This is more an argument for term limits than anything else.
    This guy has such a gigantic ego that he believes the country can't survive without him. Knowing he's a loser as a Repub, he simply changes party in order to save his seat. Talk about being full of self. Hopefully the swine flu will take his tired old ass out. Put in a Dem, put in anyone, just make sure they have the courage of their convictions. Yeah, I'm dreaming. No chance of that happening.

#39     Apr 28, 2009
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

He's just another example of our career politicians desire to get re-elected over and over at any and all costs.
    Damn integrity, principles, convictions, constituents and even the nation's future.

I sure wish some of these right-wing militia groups would stop getting drunk and posing for photos in their camo and actually do something useful. Like assassinate some of the ass holes in Washington.

And yes we utterly and desperately NEED term limits.

#40     Apr 28, 2009