Special Report: Tax time pushes some Americans to take a hike

Discussion in 'Taxes and Accounting' started by sttrader, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Bob111

Bob111

:p if i was дурак, i wouldn't be here with dual citizenship,making money in the toughest field :p

once again-white\black income works in US just fine. just like in Russia

btw-good luck with immigration to Russia(or any western Europe country) without knowing the language. good luck learning the russian language too(hint-it's extremely complicated..faaar more complicated than english).

#21     Apr 17, 2012
  2. #22     Apr 17, 2012
  3. Bob111

Bob111

he is right on every word. RIP George.

Tsing Tao-i understand your frustration with US taxes,gvt,lack of direction,leadership or whatever,but Russia is just bad example. their flat tax is all they got. it's a lawless,third world country..pretty much like Brazil minus the sun. here there is a good old joke for all,who is thinking about to renounce their citizenship :

----There was a guy waiting in line at the Pearly Gates for his chance to enter heaven. The line was long and there was an offer to go for a tour of hell. Down in hell it was like one big party – beautiful people laughing, drinking, gambling. After returning from his tour he passed through the Pearly Gates but the quiet chanting and constant playing of the harps in heaven seemed incredibly dull compared to life in hell. The white clouds, wings and robes were beginning to get on his nerves. After a while he could stand it no longer and asked God for permission to transfer into hell permanently. Upon arrival into hell, he was immediately chained and thrown into a vat of boiling oil. He couldn’t understand what was happening. This was nothing like the hell he visited earlier. He called out to the Devil for an explanation. “Don’t confuse tourism with immigration!” replied the Devil. ---

#23     Apr 17, 2012
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

1. White/black income doesn't work in the US "just fine". Half of the people in Russia are on black salaries. Maybe, 1% of those working in the US are on black salaries. There is a BIG difference. Someone who claims to be so smart should get that.

2. I wasn't referring to ME going to Russia. I was pointing out those who are already there doing it. And yes, they speak perfect Russian. They will have no issues at all. As for me, my Russian isn't perfect, but it's damned good, and I understand the complexities of it just fine. And if i don't, Моя российская жена объяснит это.

#24     Apr 17, 2012
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I know exactly what life in Moscow is like. I lived there for several years - right off Tverskaya, near Belaruskiy vokzal. I've also spent time in Novosibirsk, Saratov and Ekaterinburg. Believe, me, you're not shocking me with new news.

#25     Apr 17, 2012
  6. I met someone who renounced U.S. citizenship. They are now a permanent resident in Singapore. You are permanently giving up all claims on Social Security and Medicare. Plus, in order to come back to the U.S. for a visit, you're subject to the same requirements as anyone else from your new country (e.g. visa). So you better have citizenship somewhere if you want to still move about this world.

#26     Apr 17, 2012
  7. It's much easier to renounce if you have dual citizenship, just renounce American one. If you only have American, much harder. With dual, you have a choice that is much easier. You can trade from anywhere in the world and the tax filing requirements are so much easier in other countries compared to the US tax filing requirements. Honestly, I don't understand why they don't make it easier to understand and file. My take on it is they do that so that if you contest, they can interpret the rules so that they will you will always be wrong and they always be right. The forms change and get more complicated every year.

#27     Apr 17, 2012
  8. nkhoi

nkhoi

easy, they don't understand it either. One time I had to pointed out the code for my filing to IRS, resulting no 80K tax due.

#28     Apr 17, 2012
  9. Bob111

Bob111

US will get there..it's only a matter of time..the more aggressive US gvt and IRS will became-the less taxes they will get. the higher the taxes-the less they will get. Russia tried that in 90's. i was there at that time. the taxes are so high,but no one was paying.almost all entire economy was the black market or barter. that was the turning point for their politicos. looks like US in on same path,just on slower pace. today maybe it's just 1%,tomorrow will be 2...
    is your russian wife excited to get back home permanently,because her husband was upset about high US taxes? if so-maybe she was too young and doesn't have any career in US yet. can't see,how people with good jobs and steady career would do something like this.

#29     Apr 17, 2012
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

She is a stay at home mom. She could care less. She doesn't like Russia at all, but she'd go if it was in the family's best interest. But once again, I am not talking about me, I am talking about the expats I met when I was over there.

Are you sure you speak English or are you using an online translator here?

As for the US getting there in terms of black market salaries, you obviously do not understand our tax collection laws. They're too deeply engrained.

#30     Apr 17, 2012