Special Report: In France, a tax-free property empire

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Banjo, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Banjo

Banjo

2. jem

jem

I think its crazy.

The oil families should be investing in their own people and countries.

Why in the world would you want to encourage higher real estate prices. Other than higher tax revenue. So why give tax breaks to the families who own qatar.

Govts are so screwed.

Tax the crap out of the french... give qatar a break?

3. luisHK

luisHK

Qataris have been overpaying for a few properties, it's quite some money they brought to the country. French not only give Qatari a tax break but also get involved in the conflicts where Qatar is militant - for instance along those moderate muslims rebelling in Syria in full respect of the rules of gentlemanly warfare. Qataris have become quite influent in France, I only wish the gubmint would admit low tax attracts investment and lower those for all people. Yet it's going the other way, with Hollande the total tax rate has reached the highest point of the french 5th republic in 2012. Not that it was low at all under Sarkosy.

Qatar is not the only foreign influence in the syrian and other conflict btw, several jews with strong israeli sympathies in the government (not that I mind, i just note, as Israel is also pro intervention against Assad ). I checked the polls in France about how favorable the local population is to a syrian intervention, and the results are very similar as those in the US. Possibly locals haven't been convinced with the humanitarian impact and the of the Lybian intervention...