Special Offer

Discussion in 'Events' started by Brandonf, Jul 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. What thread are you reading? Apart from some misguided criticism from people not knowing he pays to advertise (hopefully that is cleared up now), the only other conversation here regarded a track record.

#31     Jul 9, 2003
  2. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Yes, and what difference does it make? Nobody provides a track record. Why should he? He's an advertiser. He's advertising. Get over it.

#32     Jul 9, 2003
  3. I have been a member of Trading From Mainstreet for several years. Last summer when they launched the broker assisted trading program I was one of the first people to sign up. In the room I take each call that Brandon gives, and that was also the premise behind the BAT program. We where told by the brokerage firm handling the accounts that Doug's "personal order entry clerk" was going to be handling all of the TFMS BAT calls and that it was the only job he had there. I was eager to see how my executions compared to a real pro's so I put a small amount of money into the program. I was very disappointed.

The program was setup to take each of Brandon's calls in the room. It defiantly did not. Nearly half of the calls he made were missed and a number that he never gave but other moderators gave. I was able to get every single call using simple limit orders. Eventually when the "Order Clerk" continued to miss trade after trade Brandon switched to a mechanical approach. At that point I dropped out of the program because that was not what I was interested in. At that time I had an 11% loss on the BAT account and a 16% gain on my own account taking the calls in the room from Brandon as he gave them.

#33     Jul 9, 2003
  4. Why do you care so much? And, you are wrong - there are several services out there that provide a track record. Not many, but several. And guess what, they are much more reputable, much more credible, and I am sure much more successful that those who do not.

Why would you argue against someone who is trying to recruit paying members posting a track record?

#34     Jul 9, 2003
  5. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Actually, I don't care all that much. But I'm puzzled as to why we go through this every time BF, WHO IS AN ADVERTISER, offers a free trial to his chatroom. He doesn't offer a track record? So what? The trial is FREE! If you're dumb enough to give a credit card number before determining whether or not the room suits your needs, that's your problem. As to "services" that provide a track record, who?

As to arguing against posting a track record, I'm not. The point I'm trying to make is that it's irrelevant.

#35     Jul 9, 2003
  6. sempai

sempai

Could you let us know what some of those services are?

That's one of my beefs with most of these chat rooms...no one is willing to show a bona fide track record. (hmm, I wonder why?)

#36     Jul 9, 2003
  7. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Because a track record is irrelevant.

#37     Jul 9, 2003
  8. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I lost quite a bit of money (don't remember off hand, but I'd say between a 10 and 20% drawdown).

22% if you where in from the start.

Nobody else gets away with pumping their service the way he does. Why?

Because I help to make the board free. Im sure if you where willing to pay to post that Baron would not have to take on advertisers, such as it is most people are not, but we advertisers definatly get our money back from paying ET and using the board.

One more thing: I don't for a second believe that 40% of the people that signed up since 1998 are still with him. Impossible. Anyway, why would they be, if his point is to educate and get them trading on their own? Maybe what he meant is that 40% (eg. 2/5) of the original 5 are still there. If so, what is the significance of this statistic?

32 out of the original 87.

I don't know. I just find Brandon's shennanigans hard to stomach. Anyone else out there?

Im sure you are not alone there.

#38     Jul 9, 2003
  9. No, a track record is never irrelevant.

#39     Jul 9, 2003
  10. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

#40     Jul 9, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.