spce how to invest?

Discussion in 'Options' started by ggelitetrader000, Feb 19, 2020.

1. The question is and this is what confuses me: which is virgin HQ?

Article on its own web sais "Virgin Galactic Gateway to Space" as their commercial HQ
    On map, it does not show any adders just says
    https://www.virgingalactic.com/arti...hiptwo-unity-to-spaceport-america-new-mexico/
    Truth or Consequences, NM 87901

But the stock quote fundamentals lists following address as HQ:
    Headquarters 166 N Roadrunner Pkwy Ste 1C
    LAS CRUCES, NM 88011-3003

Considering these facts, it may be beneficial to buy in Las Cruces instead of Truth or Consequences, althought geographically they seem pretty close.

Also between two points, there seem no automobile road when check on online map software.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
    #21     Feb 21, 2020
  2. S2007S

S2007S

This whole space travel movement is for the elite, no one is going to be buying houses near the launch site, the elite and wealthy willing to pay hundreds of thousands for a flight are not going to be buying land and building a house near the launch site or headquarters, you may have some workers looking to rent some housing but this whole space movement is getting super hyped, I guess there is nothing now left to hype up but space travel, last few years it was marijuana stocks and years back remember the hype around nano technology and blockchain tech stocks. Wallstreet is always looking to create euphoria around industries and the next one looks to be space travel which is quite far away.

#22     Feb 22, 2020
  3. vanzandt

vanzandt

I think what you're missing is that Branson is using sub-orbital tourism as a stepping stone for his ultimate goal, and that's not going to Mars. Its the technology and engineering that'll make regular flights between NYC and Tokyo.... Or LA and Sidney.... in just over an hour a reality within the next 20 years. I think it'll happen. Maybe sooner.

#23     Feb 22, 2020
  4. SPCE recently IPO'd which makes trading options on it difficult. IV is through the roof and there's a lot of hype behind its name. With most IPO's, the hype dies off within a few months. Trading option spreads somewhat defeat the purpose for a ticker like SPCE because you want to take advantage of possible explosive growth in the company. If you're looking for leverage and limited risk, I'd say your best bet is buying a deep ITM call around 85-90 delta.

#24     Feb 22, 2020
  5. The question is whether it is really hype or not. Will it hyped up and down like marijuana stocks or become next apple. Time will tell. I am gearing toward it is going to be a apple.
    Why? Richard Branson is a creator builder not a trader, pyramid scheme maker.
    he has been doing for this since 2004 with no income, no revenue and still not giving up.
    There is only 3 in the world SpaceX, Virgin and Blue origin. There are reusable superior rockets from Russia and that is it no other competitors. Virgin Galactic is just one of the dozens of subsidairy of British conglomerate.

Marijuana stocks are different and very different in nature. Illegal marijuana could cost hundreds of dollars. Once legalized it killed illega and legal ones. Illegal ones are killed because price has plummeted because of regulation. It killed the legal ones because the paperwork and bureacrucy involved in getting legal marijuana sale has overwhelmed and people literally chose illegal means.

So you can not really compare marijuana stocks to airspace stocks.

#25     Feb 23, 2020
  6. The price will eventually come down for average Joe's once technology matures. Think of it is riches supporting the industry so that poorer will later will have access too.

#26     Feb 23, 2020
  7. EsKiller

EsKiller

Did I miss a joke somewhere ? Since when did buying stock become 'boomer shit' ????

#27     Feb 23, 2020
  8. tsznecki

tsznecki

Found the boomer. One of many.

#28     Feb 23, 2020
  9. Cuddles

Cuddles

I see it as a pure luxury play, why Ferrari and Tesla have been doing so well. It's why I was hesitant to get on board as I feel this bubble couldn't keep pumping much longer. Looks like I got in right at the top too, BTFD

#29     Feb 23, 2020
  10. Cuddles

Cuddles

This dude cracks me up, keep it up m8

#30     Feb 23, 2020