Spanish89- Opportunist Trades (2nd journal)

Discussion in 'Journals' started by spanish89, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Should have took your advice mate!
    Account has pretty much blown up as predicted lol
    Was hoping to at least make it last until Friday!

How you getting on? I see that ETX always seem to have teh VIX as 'phone only' which makes it impossible to daytrade?

#351     Feb 13, 2013

2. Oh why what trade did you make that blew it up mate?? :S

But no Vix is normally tradeable as normal,
    they fuckedup the market though as the contract expired lastnight, however they had said on their site that the contract of vix they were offering expires on 19th febuary!

However when i logged in today it was on phone only for hours,
    when i phonedup them up after 10mins they just started apologising but said they had made a mistake when setting the contract expiry date,
    and then just rolled me over into the march contract!! :mad:

This pisses me off alot though as if id know the market was gna expire yesterday id never had opened that trade!! :mad:

But so looking to dump the trade at break-even or even a small loss tomorrow (need march vix to move 0.80points from current to be at break-even overall even after the rollo-over spread).

Next trade i want to make is buying GBP/AUD tomorrow though at around 1.5092 area or below that.

#352     Feb 13, 2013
  3. Too many longs on GBP which just drops and drops and drops.

I've also been trying to pick a top in the DOW, which seems to only ever come down a few pips before taking yet another leg up lol.

hopefully got another few days off in a few weeks and i'll stick a few K in next time and hope to get a bit luckier!

#353     Feb 14, 2013
  4. Yeah i just relooked and seen GBP is tanking.

Very glad i didnt buy it against Aud yet. :)

Am going to wait till sunday night or monday before looking to buy gbp/aud i think.

#354     Feb 14, 2013
  5. The dow looks like its going to move down a few percent in its next move though mate,
    as its was unable to move any higher through resistance,
    but now has finally broken out of its range and down through the 1st level of support... :)

So next level its going to test is the 13,880 level,
    and if it manages to break down through there alot of trend-chasers will likely start jumping on selling it further down. :)

#355     Feb 14, 2013
  6. Got enough money and time for one more trade so going with the crowd and going short on gbpusd here.
    100 pip stop (1.5580) which, if hit, will be the last of the £500

#356     Feb 14, 2013