Spanish89- Opportunist Trades (2nd journal)

Discussion in 'Journals' started by spanish89, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Cheers for the heads-up mate, i did notice the huge 500point swings in dow on non-farms number, and then again on USA open,
    however i was more busy and focused in bed with my girlfriend yesterday (Friday afternoon) whilst that was going on,
    plus have still got all my capital tiedup in this stupid Juniper equity trade.

And after all the pyschological stress of oil, aud/usd, and gold for the past 2weeks (even though i was profitable) i just have no interest whatsoever anymore in Dow intraday trading!! LOL

The only time i would consider making a trade on Dow is after around 800-900points crash/rocket over 2-3days with barely any pullback,
    and id then attack it hard when the price-action showed it was the correct time to though.

#21     Aug 6, 2011

2. It worked out great thanks mate... :)

To be honest i haven't actually even thought about those creditcards for nearly 12months now though,
    as the bank/debt collection agencies stop bothering writing me letters trying to get me to give them some money back approx 1.5/2years after i took out and maxed out all the creditcards.

(As after 2years of them not recieving even 1 single reply to any of their 100s of letter attempts, the fools finally realised that i changed address and phone number back in summer 2008,
    and that i wasn't going to even engage in any communication dialogue with them, let alone give them any cash) :D

I took out and maxed out all the creditcards and loans back in 2008,
    so been 3years now without even 1 single repayment or acknowledgement from me.

After 6years i becomes automatically statute-barred (legally written off) and my credit file wiped totally clean with no trace of it,
    although as i haven't heard from them for nearly 1year now i think they have just written my debt off themself already, as its cheaper for them to do that rather than keep attempting to recover it.

#22     Aug 6, 2011
  3. I'm not sure you should sound so pleased with yourself Spanish. A man without a code of morality is only taking up oxygen.

#23     Aug 6, 2011
  4. Rocking on the clock!!!! :D :D

Yeah, fair enough. It's been manic though. Couldn't resist shorting it. I actually traded it again after my last post for more profits. Had a record day points wise. You can check my post history to see that I posted them all live/realtime.

You gonna be sticking with oil mainly like you used to?

How much you got in your account? What sort of stakes you plan to play with? You with etx?

Good luck

#24     Aug 7, 2011
  5. [​IMG]

#25     Aug 8, 2011

6. Adapt or die said the Cockroach to the Dinosaur..... :)

And thats why i choose to be an immoral Cockroach, as we long long outlast the moral dinsosaurs! ;D

#26     Aug 8, 2011

7. Welldone mate, glad to hear it.

I going to be focusing 80% trading oil, about 15% trading aud/usd,
    and the final 5% on big juicy opportunities on other markets such as equities, dow, maybe even some corn.

Going to try sticking to oil though as i know exactly how oil moves, what it likes and doesn't like, and what price-action formations it makes actually count.

My Etx account is currently 4-figures, and my target is to make a double-digit profit return every single week. :)

(A consistent triple-digit weekly return (like ive been doing) would be fantastic,
    however il be pleased and happy as long as i can make atleast double-digit profit each week)

What market levels are you looking for to happen and to trade at today btw mate??

#27     Aug 8, 2011
  8. I personally have all my money currently tiedup in this Juniper long which is extremely annoying... :/

Im feeling extremely pleased that gold has rocketedup to over $1,715 today though,
    as i was selling it last week from the 1,680s with target of 1,657,
    and even though i cashed in too early for barely any profit as it crashed down to the 1,650s a few hours later,
    its now rocketed upto 1,715 today (650ticks) which meant if i hadn't been able to get out of my long trade for a profit, and instead was still holding it today, itd have by now taken out my stoploss and wiped out my entire account! :D

Plus this also means that i will get double-fuck gold by once again shorting it later on this week when the time is right!! ;D

For today oil looks at very very attractive price to buy, however the fundamentals currently just are not good enough to go long yet.

But so today im instead looking at Jp Morgan closely,
    as i have buy target entry level of about 3,596,
    and my profit target sell level will be just below 4,000 (il need to look at 1minute-5minute charts to workout the exact level).

The reason i want to buy Jp Morgan so much is because they are currently very undervalued after the price crash last week,
    yet as ive been saying since 2008 they are an extremely resource investment&trading firm, by far the best in the world, and so i see them making ALOT of money from all this volatility! ;)

#28     Aug 8, 2011
  9. think i'm only interested in shorting the SPX still at the moment. Hoping to get a good price for a short.
    I don't really have 'levels' as such but id likely be looking to short at around 1190 odd if we can rally that far up at a guess, and assuming my method still likes the short side.

#29     Aug 8, 2011
  10. Aren't you scared of shorting after the market already having crashed approx 10% in a nearlt vertical line though?? :S

As how much more downside potential do you see vs the amount of upside potential now??

#30     Aug 8, 2011