Spammer? Jerkoff? Schmuck?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by cstfx, Jun 23, 2010.

1. cstfx

cstfx

a member, DallasTrader, started a thread soliciting donations for some bullshit camera equipment. He is now resorting to PM'ing other members with a direct request for donations.

Is this shit allowed on this site? And if so, how is is better than someone spamming the board?

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=202086

2. Joe

Joe

Hall of Fame Quote

I put a ban on his account, and will revisit in a weeks time.

3. Redneck

Redneck

Joe,

fyi Sir.....

Been away on vacation - returned to find this in my PM In Box this evening

Thx
    RN

4. Joe

Joe

Thanks for the heads up.

5. pchan

pchan

At least give the guy a C- for effort.

6. Bsulli

Bsulli

We rent Red cameras for shoots at my church. Yes I said a church. You don't have to rent the top of the line model to do killer shoots. We also use a 5 grand Canon for daylight shoots that during the editing we can color balance the final output that even people in the industry can't tell that it wasn't shot on a Red. Worst yet the church member producer that does it for a living came in the other day with a 400 dollar camera and we shot a video that looks so close to the Red after several extra hours of editing with Final Cut on a Mac that most of the media volunteers couldn't tell it wasn't shot on the rented Red. Dallas is a big movie/TV show location market now. There are people who spend tons of money on equipment and crank out crap and others that take mid range gear and do dynamite footage with it. Camera can't make up for acting, scripts and editing. Very organized producers/directors can minimize the number of days a camera is even needed.

My two cents worth, fwiw

Bsulli