SPAM from ET!---Kasper Sky Alert

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by jpatet, May 9, 2008.

1. oTzt

oTzt

I think I've the jackpot : I received three similar mails (09-05-2008; 3:31, 5:23 and 6:58 am)

I tried to re-route them to Kasper* but could not find a dedicated mail adress to do it.

HOWEVER (there's a big however) :
    Two of them where sent using one of my email adresse, the other one used another email adress. Well, one of them I used to connect to ET (and other places), but the other one : in no case (created monthes after I signed to ET) .

FWIW

Olivier.

#11     May 11, 2008
  2. I've tried and tried again, but I can't understand what you're trying to say.

#12     May 11, 2008
  3. I got this spam as well.

I believe they got my address from ET, even though I have always selected the option to block email from my ET account.

I believe that ET has been compromised by hackers.

#13     May 12, 2008
  4. gaj

gaj

i got three as well; unfortunately, i didn't check if they were ET tagged or not before i got rid of them from my spam folder.

however, the normal spam-reporting places show no sign of these.

i'd suspect that, at a minimum, the username file has been compromised.

as a sidenote, months ago, i was receiving stock spam for an address which was ameritrade tagged. i changed the address, and 2 months later, received stock spam to the new tagged address. after talking with ameritrade techies, i believe it was NOT sold from within the company, but because of a hack into their userlist

#14     May 12, 2008
  5. oTzt

oTzt

I'm sorry I was not clear.

I say :
    I have received three identical spams, like the ones described.
    Two of them where sent to xxxxx@yyy.com
    The last one was sent to a different mail adress of mine, which I never used in connexion with ET.

So, I can't conclude that ET has anything to do with this spam.

That's all.

More clear ?

#15     May 12, 2008
  6. I got the same alert 3 days ago

#16     May 12, 2008
  7. I have also received this email a couple of times

#17     May 13, 2008