spam alert

Discussion in 'Trading' started by nkhoi, Apr 15, 2007.

1. nkhoi

nkhoi Moderator

got dupped into enter accnt ID, pswrd and email with this IB scam
  2. Surdo

Posting your e mail address out loud should add another few hundred SPAM messages!

el surdo

3. Just what I was thinking.

I hope you have better luck than dac8555 has had getting this straightened out with IB.

I can't believe you fell for a phishing scheme, I thought the entire world knew to stay away from them.
  4. nkhoi

nkhoi Moderator

I guess I let my guard down bacause it came right after IB send email about its incomming IPO.
  5. nkhoi

nkhoi Moderator

surdo that is another spam clue I missed, it is not my email it is a bizzaro version of my email.
  6. Did you have Norton 2007 with fraud monitoring on?
  7. What, I wasn't supposed to cooperate? I couldn't get it to work so I called the customer service number provided. The nice man with an accent asked a few simple questions, which I answered. He quickly said "thanks pal" and that my account was just updated. Nice fella.

ps. why the heck did he need to know my mothers maiden name.:confused:
  8. nkhoi

nkhoi Moderator

I am shame to admit I diged the email out from from the spam pile, the email filter did its job this time, because I was hot on IB IPO.
  9. andread

Wait, did I understand correctly? You typed all your information in that page? How long until you changed it? Anything bad happened?
  10. I always hover a link to see where it REALLY points to before i click it.. that goes for anything, AIM, email, etc.
    #10     Apr 15, 2007