spam alert

Discussion in 'Trading' started by nkhoi, Apr 15, 2007.

1. nkhoi

nkhoi

got dupped into enter accnt ID, pswrd and email with this IB scam
    [​IMG]

2. Surdo

Surdo

Posting your e mail address out loud should add another few hundred SPAM messages!

el surdo

3. Just what I was thinking.

I hope you have better luck than dac8555 has had getting this straightened out with IB.

I can't believe you fell for a phishing scheme, I thought the entire world knew to stay away from them.

4. nkhoi

nkhoi

I guess I let my guard down bacause it came right after IB send email about its incomming IPO.

5. nkhoi

nkhoi

surdo that is another spam clue I missed, it is not my email it is a bizzaro version of my email.

6. Did you have Norton 2007 with fraud monitoring on?

7. What, I wasn't supposed to cooperate? I couldn't get it to work so I called the customer service number provided. The nice man with an accent asked a few simple questions, which I answered. He quickly said "thanks pal" and that my account was just updated. Nice fella.

Rennick

ps. why the heck did he need to know my mothers maiden name.:confused:

8. nkhoi

nkhoi

I am shame to admit I diged the email out from from the spam pile, the email filter did its job this time, because I was hot on IB IPO.

9. andread

andread

Wait, did I understand correctly? You typed all your information in that page? How long until you changed it? Anything bad happened?

10. I always hover a link to see where it REALLY points to before i click it.. that goes for anything, AIM, email, etc.

#10     Apr 15, 2007